Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Computer's been behaving oddly lately and I wanted to pick the collective brains of OCN to see if I can get things operating normally again.

There are really only two problems.

1: Occasionally when the I start the computer and get passed the boot screen I will get a mixed screen of scattered symbols, dots, and other strange objects all over the screen.

2: The more annoying and odd problem is that I'll be doing something in Windows (its only happened in Windows so far) and the screens will suddenly go black. When I reboot I'll either get an BSOD error code of 116 or 124.

So what are your thoughts?

I was thinking something's going wrong with the SSD(boot drive), the QPI/uncore voltage needs to be changed(have just tried this and testing for stability now, went from 1.375 to 1.35, 1.375 was default on the board), or the drivers for the GTX 470's are screwing up.

Edit: GTX 470 drivers are 258.96.

Thanks everyone!
Lampen

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
I think the graphics card is at fault - maybe the drivers or maybe it's the hardware; it's worth checking if something changes with different drivers, or if you have a replacement card try with the other one to see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ewwww, swap that 470 out for something and check then I would set all clocks and voltages back to stock to eliminate a faulty board or socket. The error# 124 is in regards to Windows Hardware Error Architecture(WHEA) which is focusing on your CPU. I would try putting everything back to stock while running only 1 stick of ram and onboard video or another card for stability testing.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragosmp View Post
I think the graphics card is at fault - maybe the drivers or maybe it's the hardware; it's worth checking if something changes with different drivers, or if you have a replacement card try with the other one to see how it goes.
Yeah going to try the 260.63 beta drivers from Nivida.

Quote:
Ewwww, swap that 470 out for something and check then I would set all clocks and voltages back to stock to eliminate a faulty board or socket. The error# 124 is in regards to Windows Hardware Error Architecture(WHEA) which is focusing on your CPU. I would try putting everything back to stock while running only 1 stick of ram and onboard video or another card for stability testing.
Will try this once I try some different drivers as said above.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Lampen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts