Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fx8350 is only at 4.5ghz at 1.404v stable and already hitting 60c in small ffts my cooler is thermaltake water 3.0 extreme with corsair sp120 high-performance fan the liquid temperature is only 43.7c is this normal for my build? i want to atlist hit 4.8ghz my pc spec is asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0, aerocool 800w 80+silver psu, crossfire r9 270x. pleas help me.. thank you so much and sory for my bad english..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not normal, if you haven't already done so, I'd try reseating and reapplying the thermal paste on the cooler. My ambient is 30 degrees and I can still hit about 1.55V before temperatures top 63-65 with a h100i, which should be about the same performance as ur cooler.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do u mean by reseating? i already tryd reapplying the thermal paste but same result.. i dont know what to do. >_< please help me..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Johan45 i allready have a fan on my vrm. my cpu socket is hitting 70c and my core temp as u can see on the picture is 59 max 61..
frown.gif

·
Hardware Abuser
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloyz250f View Post

Johan45 i allready have a fan on my vrm. my cpu socket is hitting 70c and my core temp as u can see on the picture is 59 max 61..
frown.gif
Well. It's probably at it's thermal threshold. I realize the liquid is only in the 40s but that limits the amount of heat it can pull away. My only other suggestion would be airflow through the case, with 2 video cards and that CPU you'll need a lot of fresh air. When I was using my case with a TT aio that was 2x120 I had over 300 CFM moving through the case, I also had 2x GTX 580s in it as well. That allowed me to ru my 8350 at 4.64 with 1.476v and kept the CPU just below 50c

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

Well. It's probably at it's thermal threshold. I realize the liquid is only in the 40s but that limits the amount of heat it can pull away. My only other suggestion would be airflow through the case, with 2 video cards and that CPU you'll need a lot of fresh air. When I was using my case with a TT aio that was 2x120 I had over 300 CFM moving through the case, I also had 2x GTX 580s in it as well. That allowed me to ru my 8350 at 4.64 with 1.476v and kept the CPU just below 50c
my rad is 2x 120 also..
frown.gif

my rad is 2x 120 also bot hitting 60 only at 4.5 at 1.4v
frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmee View Post

Do you have a fan on the back of the mobo, assuming your chassis has an open area to the back of the socket ?
i dont have fan on the back of the mobo..
frown.gif

·
Registered
715 Posts
Quote:
i dont have fan on the back of the mobo.. frown.gif
With your case, youll need a thin fan, like an 80 X 15 on the back. A fan on the back can really help socket temps.

Also, are you overclocking by multiplier only ? With combo multiplier and fsb overclock, you can generally get higher mhz with less volts.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Quote:
I think you need more fresh air coming in or you might be getting a buildup from the GFX cards.
Yes, more air flow from bottom / bottom right. I think that fan blowing in at the top left may be messing up overall air flow. (cool air coming in thats immediately exhausted by the two fans on the radiator, leaving hot air at the bottom) I would move that one to the lower right bottom and have nothing in its place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

With your case, youll need a thin fan, like an 80 X 15 on the back. A fan on the back can really help socket temps.

Also, are you overclocking by multiplier only ? With combo multiplier and fsb overclock, you can generally get higher mhz with less volts.
yes i overclock in multiplier only.. is this means that my cooler can only handle that temp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

Yes but what do you have as intake on that system? I think you need more fresh air coming in or you might be getting a buildup from the GFX cards.
i have a total of 5 fans as an intake 2 side panel fans 2 front fans and 1 back fan i put it as intake also. the 1 on the back and 1 on the front is running at 2000rpm same as the radiator fans..

·
Hardware Abuser
3,451 Posts
Ya you could be right with that rear fan. , I had 3 in the front as intake one was the stocl on the lianli but the other two were these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242015. I had my rad in the top with 4 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146009 I tried the corsair and was a bit disappointed with them TBH. The NZXTs were the same price but worked twice as well in my opinion. and a rear exhaust. I ended up putting a hole in the side cause my cards were getting hot still so I put a hole near the back of the case and inbetween the cards to exhaust air out and that was the topper. I could run [email protected] after that with no worries about heat, did it for 10 days straight in the CC last year.
In your case I would flip that rear fan to exhaust and also maybe the bottom side panel fan to help get some of the heat away from the cards. Mostly you'll have to experiment a bit to find what works best in your case. Took me a couple weeks and a few bucks to get mine where I wanted it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
One trick I use to figure out the air flow in my case is to use a thin strip of paper, about 3/16" wide 4-6" long, taped to a thin stick. Then I move it around the case and observe which way the paper flops, heh.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes cuz of my 2 fan running the same rpm as my 2 radiator fans I allways have a + pressure. But stil my core temp is crap. :*

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
The software that comes with Asus is bad. What you see is not the core temps, but the socket.
Use Core Temp or HW Monitor to read the correct temps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Yes, but its the air flow DIRECTION which makes a difference.
Thank you I will try to experement tomorrow its 2:39am here in the philippnes. Thank you for all of your rplys. Eny tips will definitely help me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

The software that comes with Asus is bad. What you see is not the core temps, but the socket.
Use Core Temp or HW Monitor to read the correct temps.
Yes I use core temps for my core temp reading as seen on the picture in the OP.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts