Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first completed my setup last month or so I was getting 29-31 degrees C, but over the last week its been transitioning to 37-41 degrees C.

I don't think my room has gotten that hot to the point that its jacking my cpu up that much, its pretty cool in here now.

A note though, I did turn down my fans, but I just turned them all back up over the past 2 days and I only saw a couple degrees different.

Is it usual for the temps to be cranking up like that after they break-in?

These aren't at load by the way, and im not freaking out too much because I know that those temps are cool, but I think its a little weird, especially for a Xigmatek S1283. And I don't think that dust blanketed up that fast.

Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Do you have the bolt through kit or are you using the push pins? Assuming the room isn't hotter, and your fans are all running at the same speed you were getting the lower temps at it could be that one of the push pins is coming loose and losing pressure. If you're using the bolt through kit, make sure the screws are tight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course I have the bolt-thru baby.

Ill tighten the screws and clean out the dust later tonight, even though im pretty sure that they are very tight.

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gamble,

We have similar setups! You may also want to see if anything is running on your computer that could cause your CPU to be working more. Also, if you have "bumped" your cooler it may have become unseated. Mine is working fine since initial build and have noticed no significant changes in my temps at idle or load.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Changing the fan speeds makes a big difference in that case.The setup that works best for me is as follows.

3*front 120mm @medium

2*rear 120mm @medium

Top 200mm @low(seems to disrupt airflow at higher settings)

Side 120mm(exhaust) linked with sensor to detect vga temps and run accordingly(50c).

CPU 120mm @auto

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatch in Space
View Post

Changing the fan speeds makes a big difference in that case.The setup that works best for me is as follows.

3*front 120mm @medium

2*rear 120mm @medium

Top 200mm @low(seems to disrupt airflow at higher settings)

Side 120mm(exhaust) linked with sensor to detect vga temps and run accordingly(50c).

CPU 120mm @auto

Ill mess around with the settings, but I have my xigmatek fan facing upwards, towards the top fan, so im not sure that setting the fan on low would be a great option, but ill mess with the settings nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guttboy
View Post

Gamble,

We have similar setups! You may also want to see if anything is running on your computer that could cause your CPU to be working more. Also, if you have "bumped" your cooler it may have become unseated. Mine is working fine since initial build and have noticed no significant changes in my temps at idle or load.

Yeah we do, ill check if I unseated it as well, because I move my tower from my computer to hook it up to my tv from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts