Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously my crucial m4 had windows on it, and my 1tb ssd had linux on it. After formatting both, and doing a fresh install of windows on the 1tb I am having some strange issues.

some things I have noticed:
-whenever I power on the pc It always asks me if I want volume 7 windows 10 or volume 4 with windows 10. How do I delete the other volume or whatever it is?
-related to that,I found some trace of linux in the boot menu even though I dont even have it installed. Can I remove that untill I want it back later?
-Really strange to me was that after formating my computer, My desktop had the same background as it did...this concerns me as I wonder how and what got carried over.

·
Stock *ahem*
6,382 Posts
Did you nuke all the partitions when you installed? Also when I install windows I only have the install HD connected until finished.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought partitions would be killed by formatting the drives. So maybe not? I really don't want to unplug all the drives during a reinstall... My mobo has some strange issues and I could only get them all to work in a very specific order plugged into the data connections. Took me like 2 hours to make the bios see them all.

Anyway, do I need to format again to fix this?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update:
on disk management it does show other partitions besides the 118 gb of on my 120gb crucial ssd. but when I right click them,the only option is help. it doesnt let me delete those.

for this drive it shows:
300 mb healthy recovery partition, 100mb healthy uefi partition, 118 gb unallocated, and 450 healthy recovery partition. how do i delete all that?

·
Stock *ahem*
6,382 Posts
When you install Windows you have the option of repartitioning the drives on your system and picking the one you want to install to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts