Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the strongest fans in these two sizes, one for my case exhaust and one for my heatsink. Right now my CPU stays around 40C until minimal load (I don't think if I ran Prime95 it'd even be stable) and that's at 50% of the normal clock speed.

I was looking at Deltas and some others, and I found that they push a ridiculous amount of air, but are quite loud. I don't mind loud too much when the computer is under load because I don't play many games - my load times are during audio and video compression, so I don't have to be there really.

I figured that most people would use Deltas or others that pushed so much air and then regulate with SpeedFan or some such, but I don't see people don't this. Are the strongest fans harder to control?

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
hmm dunno bout 92.. Strongest 120 I would say is a Delta fan.. Lots of power there.

Edit: And yes, extremely powerful fans really cant be controlled at the peak of their performance, just have your PC on the other side of the room and have earplugs lol. Tornado's are good to.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
lol well now u wont think that again.. but CPU cooler on this emachines is pretty loud. like high pitched.. Stupid thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
Edit: And yes, extremely powerful fans really cant be controlled at the peak of their performance, just have your PC on the other side of the room and have earplugs lol. Tornado's are good to.
When you say at the peak of their performance... can you explain that further? If I could set my fan at 10%, 25%, 50% and 100% that would be perfectly good, do you think that's possible? I'm just confused about what you mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts