Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Relitivly new to the OCing scene. I've been trying to research this and that to figure out how to best OC my rig. When I personally go into BIOS I cant get a stable OC past 3.6ghz. If I let TurboV EVO auto OC I get 3.888-3.901. Am I doing anything wrong? Or is there something I should change. Here is what I have:

Phenom II x4 965 BE (Denab)
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

CPU Frequency: 216
Multiplier 18.0
Voltage: 1.375
CPU/NB 1.15 <~ not sure exactly what this is.
DRAM Voltage: 1.5

My RAM speed is 1600 stock but in BIOS it only goes up to 1580. Could this be a problem?
Oh and I'm using Prime95 for stability checks.

Thx for whatever you can add
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You're going to need to give more info, but the first think i can see is the voltage. if you have a good cpu cooler (non-stock), raise that to stablize the oc. but what are your ram timings? and what power supply do you have? also, bios ocis always better.

also, what is your nb frequency?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea sorry. I tried to give as much info as possible. I knew there would be something else that someone would ask lol.

I'm using a Corsair H100 cooler.

I believe my RAM is 9-9-9-24

PSU is OCZ Technology 750w Fatal1ty

Yes I'm aware that BIOS is better. I just Like being able to change it in windows and run tests. I can "Save to BIOS" from the program. EVO just is more beginner friendly than BIOS. I'm still trying to learn.
redface.gif

And for NB I'm not sure exactly what it's set to but CPU-Z has it at about 2107-2108 give or take.

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,842 Posts
Raise the NB to at least 2200mhz.
If you are trying for really high OCs then you can manually downclock your RAM for more stability.
Use THIS GUIDE as a starting point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts