Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea if I'm posting this in the right forum. I just built this computer and everything was fine, but I put the CD that came with my graphics card to install the driver and then it suddenly shut off. Now I'm stuck on the page that says like run in UEFI Setup, Instant Flash, Boot Menu, etc. I have no idea what to do, I really need the computer to be working by tomorrow. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you mean... Stuck in the BIOS Screen where you usually press F2 or DEL to get to BIOS?

Does the PC reboots in a constant loop, or do you get a BIOS message error on the BIOS Screen?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the BIOS screen. I'm just stuck there, but I kind of think it's because of the driver I just installed. When I press the power button usually with my old computer when I pressed it before it booted up fully it shut down right away, but now it doesn't so I think it's just the screen that doesnt do anything. I could be wrong though, and I tried the clear cmos button and it didn't help (not even sure what that's for)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Windows was already installed? have you tried spamming F8 to start in safe mode?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I've tried everything, can't get past that screen. I tried plugging the DVI cable into the mobo instead to see if it was the graphics card but it says No DVI Signal so I can't check. I've disconnected the HDD and tried but still no luck.

Edit: Just removed the graphics card and put the DVI cable into the mobo. Same result so it's not the graphics card

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I only have my SSD hooked up, I haven't hooked up the other HDD i was going to use for storage. Should I try to connect using that one?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Onboard graphics disabled in BIOS and PCIE slot set as primary? have you tried setting BIOS to load fail safe defaults (if it has that option). All you did was install new card
? You are bettter of just downloading the latest drivers off AMD/Nvidia website as the disk ones are normally outdated, I know its a bit late now, but for next time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well no I had the graphics card in ever since I made the build, but just to test it I booted using the onboard graphics. I can't get into anything at all, I'm just stuck on the screen. I can do absolutely nothing, so if it's not a hardware problem I think I'll have to take it to a computer store unless I can find a solution. I was hoping I could find a solution because I'm getting a modem and router tomorrow for my internet and I really need the computer

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I dont have an SSD, but have read of people having problems with them if the firmware isn't updated, something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntphoenix;15210862
Well I only have my SSD hooked up, I haven't hooked up the other HDD i was going to use for storage. Should I try to connect using that one?
restart, press f10 then select the storage device that has your operating system and see if that helps. If it does then your bios just reset and you need to go to boot settings and make that hard drive as priority.

·
Banned
164 Posts
So you can't actually access bios? try narrowing things down by taking out as much hardware as you can. down to cpu, mobo, 1 stick of ram. just try to get things running

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Maybe see if it will boot from the windows disk? nothing to lose with a new build.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I just got it to run in Safe Mode by pressing the CLR CMOS button. I think it was a driver problem, how would I check that? And if I uninstalled the driver of my video card would I still be able to boot because I think it was that, but I can't install from the internet because only my laptop has internet access

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by burntphoenix
View Post

Actually I just got it to run in Safe Mode by pressing the CLR CMOS button. I think it was a driver problem, how would I check that? And if I uninstalled the driver of my video card would I still be able to boot because I think it was that, but I can't install from the internet because only my laptop has internet access

You can go online and look for an older version and see if that helps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well when I try to install it still prompts me to be connected to the internet. I might just stop being impatient and reinstall Windows 7, and then just install all the drivers once I have my internet setup tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies!

·
Banned
164 Posts
if you remove the graphics card drivers (with internet) it searches for a standard vga driver and automatically installs it. if you do not have internet, it may not install the standard vga driver and you will run into issues. I fought with video card drivers last night and ended up re-installing win7 out of frustration to get the standard vga drivers back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts