Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I try to use firefox and it doesn't work. Well some sites didn't work, like google, and such. But IE was working. My Anti virus neverpicked anything trying to install itself but I said what the hey, time to runa virus check. 1 infected file. Deleted it, and now firefox works.

A pox on all those who make virus's, A POX ON YOU ALL!!!!! :swearing:

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullyveldt

Yesterday I try to use firefox and it doesn't work. Well some sites didn't work, like google, and such. But IE was working. My Anti virus neverpicked anything trying to install itself but I said what the hey, time to runa virus check. 1 infected file. Deleted it, and now firefox works.

yea dude viruses suck.

·
Registered
386 Posts
wt if u got adware? lol try Ad-aware and spybot! thier good!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Thats why you gotta have On access virus checking... Man I never use to run antivirus but ever since Crash recommended avast it's been heaven.. As soon as I open a prog and it's infetced it pops right up and lets me kill the damn thing...

Good thing you got that worked out and it wasnt too serious... Sometimes you get those tough ones that even mess with the antivirus software itself.

·
Registered
386 Posts
normally adware bring virus in after a while.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by HaYChE

wt if u got adware? lol try Ad-aware and spybot! thier good!

I did the ad aware and spybot thing and they found nothing. Once I had some DSO exploit coming up on spybot, that the anti virus couldn't find!!!! So I went into the regestry my own damn self and killed each line that spybot pin pointed, no more stupid dso exploit. The reason I don't think it found it as it does run real time, was I downloaded and installed some of the 102 free net games from computer gaming world. Those bastages didn't mention getting a virus out of the deal GRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

I did the ad aware and spybot thing and they found nothing. Once I had some DSO exploit coming up on spybot, that the anti virus couldn't find!!!! So I went into the regestry my own damn self and killed each line that spybot pin pointed, no more stupid dso exploit. The reason I don't think it found it as it does run real time, was I downloaded and installed some of the 102 free net games from computer gaming world. Those bastages didn't mention getting a virus out of the deal GRRRRRRRRRRR

be sure to do a full system scan or you wont get rid of everything

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

be sure to do a full system scan or you wont get rid of everything

I never do anything but a full system scan. And if you mean with my virus software, thats how I found it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts