Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to build the cheapest computer possible from newegg or go to my local PC recycler and try and make something that can play WoW and other low tech games. What should I be looking for?

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
A full computer or will you be reusing certain parts like hd, cd/dvd, keyboard, mouse etc?

EDIT: Heres a quick attempt. From what I understand wow favors cpu so you may be find with onboard. I'll have to talk to my friend later that plays wow.

Total came to $322 but theres $35 in rebates if you go for those.
LL

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktulu
View Post

Hmm ok, thanks for the build. I repped ya man. Ill see what I can do with it.

Thanks. I talked to my friend, he agrees wow likes cpu. He said bringing the system to 2GB would help, that would only add about $15.

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
do you need a monitor and key board? id would go with amd. i dont have the time right now but ill come back later and show you a good rig for less than 300

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
For WoW, go with a fast dual core processor and 4GB of memory. It is not easy to max it though, my rig struggles.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
for like $10 more than that 4830, you could get a 4850. Hotness.

*edit*

Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx
View Post

For WoW, go with a fast dual core processor and 4GB of memory. It is not easy to max it though, my rig struggles.

serial? Unless they've updated with new textures and everything else, I had it maxxed with my setup when I did a free trial last fall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts