Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently using a moto G5+ and it's starting to feel a little sluggish. Bluetooth is also not so hot and the lack of NFC is annoying.

I know there are plenty of good options in this price range like the pixel 4a, but I reeeeaally want something with microSD if it can be helped. Not a fan of being reliant on cloud/streaming for music and would prefer having it on-device without taking up all my internal storage.
The galaxy a51 looked promising, but it sounds like the processor is kind of poor for its price and it might have some Bluetooth issues? Thought about just getting an old S9/S10, but surely there has to be better, more modern options?

· Jedi Knight
682 Posts
I just picked up a new unlocked Note 9 a few months ago for around $400 after I finally cracked my S8 screen. I personally don't feel phone tech has really advanced that much to worry about getting something newer. What exactly would you be missing out on? 5G and 90Hz+ screens I guess would be the big ones. Slightly faster SoC's? Slightly better cameras? Maybe someone else can chime in with better suggestions but I would personally just be looking for discounted previous gen flagships.

· 46 Cans of Ravioli
36,840 Posts
you can grab a Google Pixel 4a for $299 at Best Buy, hard to beat it. No MicroSD though, but surely 128 GB is enough? :eek:

I really like my Google Pixel 3a XL, but they haven't dropped in price any. They're going for more than the 4a still but if you're willing to buy used maybe look at them too but just make sure you look specifically for the 128 GB, they come in a 64 GB flavor too.

· Registered
135 Posts
I would highly recommend the Motorola Moto G Power I love it it's wicked good value got the specs and it's what I got when my last one broke and is comparable to the More expensive one's and under 200 bucks!

· Lost in SoCal
X570 Tomahawk w/ 5800X, 32Gb, 3080 12Gb, M.2 SSDs and a custom loop.
1,184 Posts
The Moto G looks good, but from that list of preferences, I'd be looking on a year and a half old flagship model. I did that last phone and got a OnePlus 6t (no SD) and love it. There has to be something in the 2018/19 timeframe that meets your needs and the price should be less than half original.

· Old to Overclock.net
3,515 Posts
Oneplus 7T for 450 or ZTE Axon 10 Pro for 350

Both great devices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.