Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to try to set up an old surround sound setup in my room. I don't know much about audio but I figured why not put it to use if its just sitting around. The only problem is the subwoofer has a line level input L/R and the back of my receiver only has a sub pre out (a single black RCA). Is there any way to connect the two?

The receiver is a pioneer vsx-d608 and the subwoofer is a JBL simply cinema 125a. Yes it's a powered subwoofer.

I can take pictures if needed. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
just a get a RCA Y splitter and it will work. you can actually just plug it in either hole and it will work. there is 2 of them so the crossover is more sensitive to lower frequencies IIRC, some one please correct me if i'm wrong. this is also how sub is set up, i'm just using one of the inputs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearSC549
View Post

Just plug any input(left or right) and it will work. Subwoofer always work as mono.

So use an rca cable to go from receiver preout to subwoofer input R. I'm trying that and the sub is clicking on with a green LED then it clicks off and keeps doing this.

EDIT: I got the sub to power on correctly then plugged in the rca however there is no bass coming through. Is this because im using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
you should not need a 3.5mm adapter, sub pre outs are always rca so are sub inputs. you probably pluged it in to 12v remote trigger.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts

What are you using a 3.5mm adapter for? You have an RCA preout on the receiver, and RCA inputs on the back of the sub. There is nowhere to even plug a 3.5mm in, except for the remote control wiring on the receiver.

Just go RCA from the preout, into the L OR the R on the sub. Or grab a single female to 2 male RCA Y splitter.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
make sure the sub is not disabled in the receiver settings. also turn up the volume on the back of the sub a little, and set it to on for now to get it working, after you set everything up switch it back auto.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
RCA pre out > RCA Cable > Left input on sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts