Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would i hook up my sub to the Pioneer A-35R?

My sub only has Speaker input!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Use A speakers for mains. Use the B's for your sub. Or you could try some rca's from the tape rec to your sub.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Or just hook both your speakers and the sub up to A. Doesn't really matter, as I doubt the sub would drop resistance enough to make a difference on stability.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Just use two sets of speaker cables coming out of your amp's front channel - one to the sub and one to the speakers.

EDIT: Oh wait, are you going to be using all 4 channels?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Speakers Through Speaker Wire to A
Sub through Speaker Wire to B

Ugh guess i gotta get more speaker wire...Thanks though

I couldn't do RCA's in any way?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shizdan View Post
So Speakers Through Speaker Wire to A
Sub through Speaker Wire to B

Ugh guess i gotta get more speaker wire...Thanks though

I couldn't do RCA's in any way?
Try the rca's before buying more speaker wire. Put your cd into tape in and rca's to from tape rec to your sub. That might work.

NVM

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
If you go out of the Tape monitor you probably could.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
I wouldn't advise you to use the Tape Out as suggested. The subwoofer won't turn up when you turn up the volume. The only way for it to function properly is to just use the speaker wire connections with that amplifier.

You can go one of two ways:
Speakers and sub into Speaker Set A
Speakers into Speaker Set A, Sub into Speaker Set B

Both will work just fine. With them on two seperate channels (A and B), you will have the option to turn one set off (speakers or subwoofer). With them wired both to Set A, you won't have that option, but you'll have Set B available for future full range speakers (if desired).

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Don't use the Tape Monitor, you'll have no control over the volume of the sub the Tape Monitor will be sending a full 0db output to your subwoofer which will probably cause it to blow if you're not careful. Just do as others have said, run one set of cable from your speaker out "A" to your speakers, and then wire from your speaker out "b" to your sub. BTW that should be a good sounding sub. I've got a full Energy Speaker system in my living room and haven't wanted another speaker system since. They make awesome stuff.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyFr
View Post

Don't use the Tape Monitor, you'll have no control over the volume of the sub the Tape Monitor will be sending a full 0db output to your subwoofer which will probably cause it to blow if you're not careful. Just do as others have said, run one set of cable from your speaker out "A" to your speakers, and then wire from your speaker out "b" to your sub. BTW that should be a good sounding sub. I've got a full Energy Speaker system in my living room and haven't wanted another speaker system since. They make awesome stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

I wouldn't advise you to use the Tape Out as suggested. The subwoofer won't turn up when you turn up the volume. The only way for it to function properly is to just use the speaker wire connections with that amplifier.

You can go one of two ways:
Speakers and sub into Speaker Set A
Speakers into Speaker Set A, Sub into Speaker Set B

Both will work just fine. With them on two seperate channels (A and B), you will have the option to turn one set off (speakers or subwoofer). With them wired both to Set A, you won't have that option, but you'll have Set B available for future full range speakers (if desired).

Oh yeah, I kind of forgot that those outs are pre-fader. Go me.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronman
View Post

Oh yeah, I kind of forgot that those outs are pre-fader. Go me.

LOL its all good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts