Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've heard about this a few times, but I never actually heard it.
I think there are some metallica songs that have it, but I was reading on some forums and a Michael Jackson song (Say Say Say Feat. Paul Mcartney) has a subliminal message in it. Forward the song says "All Alone, I sit home by the phone, waiting for you, baby", but played backwards (via quicktime) it says "The only one I want, is the one I need".

Does anyone else know any songs that contain subliminal messages?

·
Registered
18 Posts
A subliminal message is a message enbedded into say a movie which your unconscience mind picks up on. It has nothing to do with playing anything backwards. Nobody watches a movie or plays a song backwards so placing a subliminal message which would only work backwards is pointless. Although it has allegedly stopped, it is a known fact, that movie theaters once used subliminal advertising to sell candy, drinks ect ....

Hope this helps

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
There's loads of things that have subliminal advertsing in them. When ever you see a character in a movie go to a fridge or drink a can of pop the camera is always perfectly focussed so the logo is clear.

Even games are doing it, from the top of my head there are Alienware laptops all over the place in FEAR. I've also heard of a game that has had a new patch released that places adverts inside the game too (like posters on walls and things like that).

·
Registered
956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t4ct1c47

There's loads of things that have subliminal advertsing in them. When ever you see a character in a movie go to a fridge or drink a can of pop the camera is always perfectly focussed so the logo is clear.

Even games are doing it, from the top of my head there are Alienware laptops all over the place in FEAR. I've also heard of a game that has had a new patch released that places adverts inside the game too (like posters on walls and things like that).

no, thats not an example of subliminal advertising, its called product placement, its there to make it more realistic, also it hepls advertise thier product.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Those examples are not subliminal messaging, that is just brand placement
subliminal messages would be things directed towards your subconscious mind, say if you were to be in an empty room and you could hear the wind but subconsciously you would hear voices in the wind, or something like that lol. Or a better example is the bon-bons thing licenseduser was talking about, for the longest time movie theaters would have movies where every 100th frame or somethign would be a bon-bon, now a movie plays at 24FPS so you wouldn't be able to pick out the 1 frame but in your mind you would see the bon-bon and want to go buy some ice cream from the concession stand, though this is now illegal.

EDIT/// lol, beaten to the brand placement thing.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dex100

another one bites the dust tells you to smoke pot, and there is a britney spears song that does it too.

Can you expand on this please? Might explain something...

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Stairway To Heaven - The most controversial song that contains the most popular subliminal message, you will find tons on it with google.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Ah, I just rembered that one Hilary Duff song that says hail this Nazi land if you play that one part of the song backwards

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Lol, ***, do these artists intentionaly write thier songs like this or is it coincidental, funny though, all those songs are the most popular

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t4ct1c47

ur avatar is messed up

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nayo_450

arround the time that stairway to heaven came out it was popular for rock songs to back mask Satanic frases into songs.

lol, where the HELL did you hear that one? thats a crock without solid proof IMO

*****@ the pokemon one ZOMG pokemon is satanic!!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillaxed

ur avatar is messed up

:withstupi , Anyway ya the pokemon rap song played backwards is satanic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts