Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
specs should be in my signature, but to start off, ever since i switched some of my fan headers around and secured them just fine etc no pins out of place, every time i boot my pc it will turn on all the fans and the led strip etc and then they will suddenly shut off for a couple seconds and then turn back on normally, and post and boot to windows just fine, even with full AIDA64 stress testing.

TL;DR: I relocated fan plugs around for cable management/When i press the power switch it turns on, shuts down for a couple seconds and then turns on normally/ it worries me

this happens every time i power the pc on

no difference in performance and still full stability, but what gives? why does this happen? should i be worried? is it even my psu? is it a safety feature in the psu(EVGA supernova 850 G2)?

any responses are greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

·
New001
2,668 Posts
I'm guessing the rig in your sig is what you are talking about (with the asus z170 motherboard)?
I think this is fairly standard Asus motherboard behavior, mine does it too (rampage iv be) and I've come across many posts/threads on various forums where people talk about this kind of behavior of their system. The main commonality between them is an Asus Motherboard.
I think it has something to do with the board trying to be intelligent and work out what certain voltages and settings should be pre-POST and then setting them and then cycling for POST.
You'd probably find the reason on the asus forums or something, I think people have posted about this a bit on there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts