Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
There could be a hop between you and the LotRO server that is having issues right so packets are being lost. If it only happens in LotRO, I'd give it a little time to see if the problem resolves itself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
might give your isp a ring and see if they are having some router problems

• Rep+
Reactions: frickfrock999

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
I haven't even been able to get into the game.

All of these issues are happening outside of it.

For example, my current ping now

Correction. It turned out to be standard router trouble.

Do a tracert. Get the IPs to your first few hops. Then ping "ping -t (IP)" each in command windows to see if you're getting packet loss within your ISP. You need to get them out to check it out if so.

PingPlotter is awesome for keeping records on this if the problem seems to magically resolve itself everytime a technician shows up then starts up again after they leave. It costs money.. but *cough*.. you know.

• Rep+
Reactions: frickfrock999

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
The LOTRO installer installs the Pando Media Booster, which seems to be a BitTorrent client. It runs in the background and seeds even if the installer isn't running (or you've finished installing, for that matter).

Using a tool like NetMeter you'll notice your entire upload capacity is always being used.

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma View Post
The LOTRO installer installs the Pando Media Booster, which seems to be a BitTorrent client. It runs in the background and seeds even if the installer isn't running (or you've finished installing, for that matter).

Using a tool like NetMeter you'll notice your entire upload capacity is always being used.
Coma, you brilliant son of a gun! I went into task manager and ended it, all my ping problems were resolved!
Thank you sir! +rep to all who helped.

Now, what do I do with this PMB? Should I uninstall it, do you need it to play the game after its finished downloading?

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
I think you can safely uninstall it. Patching seems to be direct download.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts