Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I can solve my own problems but I'm kinda stuck with this one. I have the following hardware parts and experiencing idling during all games. About every ten minutes or so, the game freezes. The CPU and GPU suddenly stop and just idle for about 45 seconds and then go back to previous speeds. I noticed on the UPS that the total output goes from about 0.6Kw to 0.1Kw, idling. All fans slow as well. Should I swap out the PSU? Everything is on default settings, except C-states are disabled. All temps are within normal limits. Not sure what's going on.

Core i9 11900K
EVGA 3080 Ti
G.Skill DDR4-3200 64GB
Coolermaster V1200 Platinum

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
718 Posts
PSU looks beefy enough, I'm guessing ram, is it on XMP? 4 sticks or 2? might need a little more voltage, try increasing it, like 1.4v.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,888 Posts
Its an 8 year old rebranded Seasonic XP3 and it sounds like its dying but i cant say for sure
The warranty was 7 years new so how long have you had it for?

If its less than 7 years might be able to get it replaced
Or like it was said it might be RAM so try that first

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I bought this PSU in 2014 so it's beyond warranty. I did swap it out for another 1200W PSU and I also bumped up the RAM voltage to 1.4V with no change. It still crashes after about 5-10 minutes. The only thing I did in the last six months was upgrade to Windows 11 which I absolutely regret. It's just another garbage OS from MS. I miss the old days of Win 7.

·
Overclocker
5,302 Posts
Thanks. I bought this PSU in 2014 so it's beyond warranty. I did swap it out for another 1200W PSU and I also bumped up the RAM voltage to 1.4V with no change. It still crashes after about 5-10 minutes. The only thing I did in the last six months was upgrade to Windows 11 which I absolutely regret. It's just another garbage OS from MS. I miss the old days of Win 7.
What was the make/model of that psu?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts