Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus tinstalled a Zalman 7000b-Cu a few weeks ago, and it was running fin keeping me at 35-36C idle and all of a sudden it started idling at 42C.
The fan is still working fine and i am getting pleanty of air circulation in my case, any idea what could cause this.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SwimFr3ak

I jus tinstalled a Zalman 7000b-Cu a few weeks ago, and it was running fin keeping me at 35-36C idle and all of a sudden it started idling at 42C.
The fan is still working fine and i am getting pleanty of air circulation in my case, any idea what could cause this.

Maybe the fan's defective and just gave up now. What are you using to monitor temps? Maybe you can see what RPM the fan is spinning at.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SwimFr3ak

Hi SwimFr3ak,

Did you install the speed mate fan switch with the fan?? The max rpm of the fan is about 1400rpm. It's hard to visually see a lost of fan speed of say 400 rpms or so. If you used the speed mate switch, connect the fan directly to the power supply. It's possible the switch has failed and is now only giving the fan min volts. Make sure the connection is from the psu. If this doesn't help, has there been any other changes in temps with regards to the room, or has the case been bumped?? I'm also not sure how the newer AMD cpu's are held down, but I had a Socket A tab break on my XP1500+ a couple of years ago. You may want to make sure the heatsink is in good contact with the cpu, with what ever method is used.

I hope this helped, :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts