Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played Supreme Commander, and I hated it. I know nothing about the series, I just want to become a pseudo-Hitler/Napoleon and rape some countries.

I don't want a steep learning curve. I don't mind not understanding at first but I don't want a game it takes me years to 'master.'

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Company of heroes. Hands down! EPIC!

Ive been playing alot lately, and if you started playing we could get in on some scrimages!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook
View Post

I played Supreme Commander, and I hated it. I know nothing about the series, I just want to become a pseudo-Hitler/Napoleon and rape some countries.

I don't want a steep learning curve. I don't mind not understanding at first but I don't want a game it takes me years to 'master.'

Do you want large scale, macro oriented game (ie supreme commander), or small scale micro oriented game(ie starcraft)?

You can download the RUSE beta for free through steam, there is 19 days left of it. Might be worth checking out. It's a "large scale" type game.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelirrojo
View Post

You can download the RUSE beta for free through steam, there is 19 days left of it. Might be worth checking out. It's a "large scale" type game.

I was going to suggest this exactly. It looks pretty good as far as RTS is concerned. But I'm not an RTS gamer, so I didn't play more than about a minute of it.

·
Linux Lobbyist
2,040 Posts
I know its old and everything but WHY did nobody suggest Homeworld & Homeworld 2? Relatively difficult and endlessly enjoyable

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Any RTS from Relic is a quality RTS in my opinion;

Homeworld
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War (With the exception of the Soulstorm expansion, it was a bit crap)
Dawn of War 2

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB0y
View Post

Empire: Total War or Napoleon: Total War

This.

I have enjoyed this game since its realease. It is awesome. CoH is great as well.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t4ct1c47 View Post
Any RTS from Relic is a quality RTS in my opinion;

Homeworld
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War (With the exception of the Soulstorm expansion, it was a bit crap)
Dawn of War 2
All these
And yes Soulstorm is kinda lame

1 - 20 of 25 Posts