Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For living room PC mostly used to surf and watch movies/streaming with occasional gaming (using Xbox controllers)

Suggestions and links appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
I personally am using the Logitech K830. It has worked great other than the Bluetooth on my PC going bad and instead of connecting directly to it I was forced to use the unifying receiver. But yeah I bough the refurbished one and it has worked very well for the past few months.

NEW
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Living-Room-Internet-Connected-920-006081/dp/B00J2LIC44/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1459642019&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+k830&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

REFURBISHED
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Living-Room-Internet-Connected-Refurbished/dp/B01BYKAOXC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1459642019&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+k830&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

But I know a few people that are rocking the K400. Is very cheap and it works well for a very simple use... I mean you could buy two of them for the same price of a refurbished K830. They tend to have them on display at local Best Buys if you want to check them out.
 

·
Not a Fan
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Yeah I have a K400 Plus, a little different than the K400. It was indeed cheap, but works fine.

I do like the extra left click button in the upper left corner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post

Yeah I have a K400 Plus, a little different than the K400. It was indeed cheap, but works fine.

I do like the extra left click button in the upper left corner.
Yeah I use that upper click button over the mouse button all the time on my K830 too... just very convenient the way you normally hold a keyboard while sitting on the sofa.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,315 Posts
K400 is a great budget keyboard but it does have a range limit of about 15 feet. Beyond that it starts to get flaky
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input!
 

·
Stock
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilianloser View Post

I personally am using the Logitech K830. It has worked great other than the Bluetooth on my PC going bad and instead of connecting directly to it I was forced to use the unifying receiver. But yeah I bough the refurbished one and it has worked very well for the past few months.

NEW
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Living-Room-Internet-Connected-920-006081/dp/B00J2LIC44/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1459642019&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+k830&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

REFURBISHED
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Living-Room-Internet-Connected-Refurbished/dp/B01BYKAOXC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1459642019&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+k830&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

But I know a few people that are rocking the K400. Is very cheap and it works well for a very simple use... I mean you could buy two of them for the same price of a refurbished K830. They tend to have them on display at local Best Buys if you want to check them out.
We have the K830 for our HTPC and love it. The K400 works great also, it just seems like a toy though if aesthetics is a thing for some.
 

·
AMD s939 LVL 99+
Joined
·
2,996 Posts
Been using a K400 for a couple years now. The upper left "left mouse click" button comes in handy like you wouldn't believe until you have it. I got one, now all my boys who went HTPC after I did the "beta" all have one too.
smile.gif


For $20 shipped TOPS, its a beast kb/mouse for HTPC.

Needed to add, i bought mine second hand, with original oem batteries, and more than 2yrs later, same batteries, unit still working fine. Used every other day or so, been quite happy with it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I use a Rapoo KX mechanical keyboard (can be used both wired and wireless) and Logitech G602 mouse for couch gaming and i love it. K400 is good if you only want to surf the net. For my Kodi remote i use a Mele F10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Comparing the K830 to the K400 and 400 Plus, I would suggest going for the K830. It has some pretty nice features like rechargeability, backlit keys, and programmable keys. The only drawback is that you would charge it every couple of weeks.
 

·
Gamer
Joined
·
548 Posts
Another K400 user here. It's nothing special, but it works fine. I've had a few issues though. First, I can't get Setpoint to run on startup (Windows 10, still actively troubleshooting, no luck so far). Second, I have to plug the unifying receiver into a front USB port, as I don't get strong enough signal if it's on the back of the computer. Neither are deal breakers, but they are just enough to keep me from being totally satisfied with it. I'm keeping my eye on the Roccat Sova. If they ever actually release it, I'll buy a wireless one & figure out a mouse to go with it. I still can't play games on the K400 touchpad (or any other I've tried for that matter), & not every game is controller friendly.
 

·
Not a Fan
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
I do wish the K400 Plus had backlit keys, but then that would drain the batteries that much faster. For what I use it for, and the way I use it (it stays on the floor next to my chair when I'm not using it, so appearance isn't important), it's doing the job A-OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewbell View Post

Another K400 user here. It's nothing special, but it works fine. I've had a few issues though. First, I can't get Setpoint to run on startup (Windows 10, still actively troubleshooting, no luck so far). Second, I have to plug the unifying receiver into a front USB port, as I don't get strong enough signal if it's on the back of the computer. Neither are deal breakers, but they are just enough to keep me from being totally satisfied with it. I'm keeping my eye on the Roccat Sova. If they ever actually release it, I'll buy a wireless one & figure out a mouse to go with it. I still can't play games on the K400 touchpad (or any other I've tried for that matter), & not every game is controller friendly.
I wonder if the Plus has a better RX/TX set up? I was concerned enough about signal strength that I bought a USB extension in case I didn't have enough signal. But mine works great with the RX plugged in the back, about 12ft away. The Fractal 605 has front USB ports, but they are under a flip panel that I didn't want to leave open, so front USB wasn't going to work for me.

And just a general observation - I had to download the software for the 400Plus to be able to speed the touchpad swipe response up. Before, it took a lot of swiping to move around. Now I can get across the screen a lot easier. So if anybody is using the 400Plus and hasn't DL'd the little software program, you might give that a shot.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top