Thinking of getting a new 24 inch screen but not sure which brand or model
Any suggestions?
Should I go for a 2ms or is 5ms screen.
This will be for gaming
At the moment I am leaning towards viewsonic or acer

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
2ms and 5ms dont have much of a differance. Really it comes down to best price for what you are looking for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009152

although thats not the exact monitor I was looking for, this is close enough to the one Ill be getting soon.

From what I understand its not response time, its about how the panels themselves are made. Differant "styles?" I have a friend whos hardcore into the best panel for monitors and only buys those.

• Rep+
Reactions: pm1109

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about ASUS
thanks for replies so soon.reps to all

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by conductor609 View Post
Acer is decent, but Samsung makes amazing monitors if you can afford them

From what i understand both samsung and acer use the same panel. So its really just brand your paying for(such like warranty and build).

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
This is basically the one I have (mine has the webcam). It's a very good monitor. I game on it both with my PC and my PS3 through the HDMI port.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for replies
I'll do some extra research before I buy

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
first of all what are u planning to spend most of ur time with the monitor? Gaming? Profession that needs the best color reproduction? or movies?

for gaming.. choose:

TN panels - fastest response times, usually the least input lag among the 3 (dont mind too much about the brand, but choosing them is important as well: warranties, etc). The best choice for gaming.

IPS- best for color reproduction but has the worst response time.. best for those photo editors

VAs- compromise of the two, has the best contrast ratio ( better blacks).. good for movies i believe..

im no monitor pro tho.. still trying to learn more about the monitors only as a good electronics consumer but not really as those who have really studied courses for these stuff..

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
the Samsung T240 is a great monitor. I love it.

and someone said acer and samsung are the same, he may be right, but I would never of guessed that. Acer's above 19" seem to have bleeding problems to me.. all the Acer 24's I've been on disappointed, but this T240 is beautiful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts