Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
You forgot to add a link to the site.
I agree with shermstix, the IC7-G is a great board, even for a slow CPU like yours, you could keep the IC7-G for future upgrades if you decide to stay with the socket 478 chips.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
The P4P800 is a great mobo, but I dont know about the SE model though. I dont know how it will overclock, but the board itself is very good.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
LOL. That's kind of a personal preference. But I think you should know, the middle case, the LanBoy one is made of VERY thin aluminum. While it's very lightweight, it will be kind of loud if you have any amount of fans in there(which you should). The Enermax cases are very quiet and sturdy. That's going to have to be your call though.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
2 things...
for mobo if u can, get the deluxe edition instead of the SE, its got nice features and is not skimpt on.
and for case, the Enermax is studier and heavier, but the Antec lanboy is great because its light, and has more airflow.
(enermax 80mm fans, antec 120mm fans larger is better!!!)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you say thin, do you mean thin as in if i put a brick on top of it it will colapse? cuz if that gonna happen, then im obviously going for the Enermax one, but if its strong enough, then ill get the Antec one cuz it has better looks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.