Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

What will be your suggestions for a new mouse. I do both 3D modeling and gaming so I need balanced and precise. I want it palm type please

Thanks

·
Slurpee Addict
384 Posts
I have the logitech g502 and I LOVE it xD

• Rep+
Reactions: Welliam

·
Slurpee Addict
384 Posts
Thanks I see different models of g502 but I like only wired mice.

there is a wireless version but the g502 spectrum would be your best bet

·
Slurpee Addict
384 Posts
Thanks friend. I am only curious about roccat kone pure, is it palm or claw ? just for info.
I have a tiny hand and I'm able to palm mine comfortably

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,571 Posts
long fingers here :)
The G502 is not what you're looking for. It's rather claw grip-y and suited for tiny hands due to its shape.

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,571 Posts
How about roccat kone pure ?
The Roccat Kone Pure looks weird and not that big.

You should consider something like the ASUS ROG Gladius II wireless. It's supposed to have 1 ms of latency just like logitech's lightspeed technology. You won't feel the difference vs a wired mouse.

Another option is the Razer Mamba (either wireless or tournament edition) which has a similar shape to the Gladius.

There's also the Corsair Ironclaw. That one looks big & heavy (130g)

• Rep+
Reactions: Welliam

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You should consider something like the ASUS ROG Gladius II wireless. It's supposed to have 1 ms of latency just like logitech's lightspeed technology. You won't feel the difference vs a wired mouse.

Another option is the Razer Mamba (either wireless or tournament edition) which has a similar shape to the Gladius.
I have Razer DA 2013 but it begin to act different. I dont know how to descibe it. it is like breaking different times in one distance.

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,571 Posts
I have Razer DA 2013 but it begin to act different. I dont know how to descibe it. it is like breaking different times in one distance.
Yeah, I also own the DA 2013. Many issues with doubleclicking and such. The shape is nice but the Mamba's shape is a bit better.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

There's also the Corsair Ironclaw. That one looks big & heavy (130g)
the roccat seems like not small and not big !!

I saw now Corsair Nightsword seems big enough ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i went from a DA 2013 to the G502, because i thought i would like the big profile of the mouse. it sadly was not really comfortable as the mouse is ~120 g and feels to bulky compared to the DA 2013. after the G502 i tested the G403 as it has a similar palm grip shape as the DA and it is really light with ~85 g, it was an awesome mouse but the mousewheel had an issue after 2 years. i rma'd the mouse and got my money back. i thought why not test out a more flat and smaller mouse as it puts less strain on your forearm extensor tendon sheaths... the available and lightweight options for me were the Razer Viper mini, Logitech G Pro and the G203. i chose the G203 as the sensor is really good (compared to the 3366 of the G403, i cant feel any difference) and the price is phenomenal compared to the G Pro, basically the same shape and performance but cheaper - it cost less than i got back for the G403!

i have had the G203 now for 6 months and the smaller flat shape of the mouse is really comfortable. you should try it out aswell, you might like this kind of shape too.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
What will be your suggestions for a new mouse. I do both 3D modeling and gaming so I need balanced and precise. I want it palm type please
You will think this is an odd answer, but I'm probably the only other person who posts on here with things like Maya/Zbrush experience. For me personally, a lot of newer mouse sensors have garbage microadjustment movement. When I first used Maya, I was using an MS Wheel Mouse optical with MLT04 sensor, and pretty much every new mouse sensor after that was a downgrade for microadjustments of dragging vertexes around. Those sensors only do 400 DPI 125-500hz though, so that's a problem for a lot of people.

As for newer mouse options for dragging vertexes around, if you insist on palm grip, I would probably just go with a Logitech G403 either with 3366 or Hero 16k sensor (same mouse with slightly different sensors). The one with the 3366 sensor is a bit less eratic and twitchy, so probably less stressful for 3d. The hero sensor feels like you have to put more effort into controlling movements.

Also, don't ever expose whatever mouse you buy to the companies software, as it gives you non-deterministic results each time you upload new settings to on-board memory and will never feel quite right compared to how it is straight from the factory.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
i have had the G203 now for 6 months and the smaller flat shape of the mouse is really comfortable. you should try it out aswell, you might like this kind of shape too.
For doing actual 3d work, the shape of the G pro/G203 is kind of cramped and stressful. I wouldn't use it for things like Maya. An Endgame XM1 would be a far better ambidextrous option for working because it doesn't cramp up your hand as bad. Or since he wanted a palm grip, just a Logitech G403 with 3366 or Hero 16k sensor (I probably prefer the 3366 version for doing work). It's kind of strange as I don't like the G403 shape for gaming but for working it's a good, low stress shape that doesn't cramp your hand.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
I have the Logitech G502 and G403 here atm, i love the G403 alot more.
I think its the best mouse i ever had. (had lots of different other mice)

Fits great for my hands and side buttons are nicely placed.
I got rather small hands for a 6'2 person though.

Its the older G403 with 3366 sensor.

For the most a mouse is personal preference, keep that in mind. (shape/buttons)

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I have the Logitech G502 and G403 here atm, i love the G403 alot more.
The thing with the G403 for me is that it's a comfortable shape for just browsing the internet or doing work but doesn't perform that well gaming. A shape like the G402 is just vastly better for stuff like that because it's easier to grip and lower to the ground (assuming both mice had the same sensor).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Logitech G403 is a great mouse with great sensor in my mice collection. The only downside I do not like is Logitech is using cheap plastic shell material. After using half of a year or more it's become oily, slippery, sticky at the same time lol, a weird feeling right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts