Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of looking for a new videocard for my pc. It currently has a x600 pro 256 meg Radeon that came with the system. I know it only has 4 pixel pipelines
and its really hurting my performance. I don't care if its an ATI or Nvidia
card, im just looking for something better. The only special needs for the card are that is PCI-E and it has to work with a 300 watt PSU. I would perfer something in the sub 150 dollar range.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I doubt a PCI-E card (because at that price range, the card will be pretty power-consuming) will be able to run very well with a 300W PSU.

Here is a card to consider, nontheless.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
The eVGA 6600GT PCI-e is $135, but you will have to upgrade your PSU. A good solid PSU is essential to stable system performance. Get a crappy one, or overload one, and it could literaly explode, and take other parts out with it.

Edit: Dang it, quit beating me to the answer!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, im thinking of changing the power supply. I need some recommendations. The pc is a HP Media Center m1095c.

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
I think it's not a very good deal. I don't think it's a lot faster than your x600.

I would chose something based on x800GT/GTO wich are usualy very overclockable and maybe you can unlock some extra pipes. If nVidia is your thing maybe a 6600GT, but that wouldn't be a huge improvement over your curent rig. A 6800XT would beat a 6600GT at higher res.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.