Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been running my ASUS MFII on 8GB Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D but have been getting some serious problems with it.

I've had this problem for a while, while using this RAM with the MFII i will get 250 Errors on Memtest under 1 min if i turn off the psu for 30 secs and reboot the errors will go away for an hour then jump back on me.

I took out 4GB of ram and tested again to only get 50 errors over 2 hours on memtest, Ive contacted ASUS and they told me to run the ram at 800mhz which i was already doing anyway

Ive tried putting in 8GB and making the cas 5 5 5 18 which i have also done on the 4GB which doesnt really help, The only way i can get this ram to work in the MFII is with 1 stick of 2GB

As ive been reading around i see that this isnt the first time this mobos had this problem also i dont think the RAM is broken as this is the 3rd pack ive had off corsair... i think the mobo just hates it.

So what RAM would you guys recommend for the MFII? As ive had enough with this corsair ****.

8GB Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 5 5 5 18 2.1v
4GB Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 5 5 5 18 2.1v
2GB Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 5 5 5 18 2.1v Works :> Sigh...

Thanks
Lee

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I've read on numerous sites that the MIIF plays nicely with the G.Skill stuff.
and I've had superb luck with my 8GB of 1100 PI's
(They're the older grey Elpida sets)
They sit nicely at ~1160 fully stable @ 5-5-5-15)
I've had them up to 1190 ish but not folding stable.
at my current FSB: DRAM of 4:5 I think they're actually holding back my OC.

On a side note...I had a set of 2x2 Dominators in the MIIF at first and they wouldn't OC for diddley!
Even now that they're in a RF they won't go a single MHz over 1066
)

I would have bought the G.Skill 1200's if they hadn't been over $500 a set when I bought my first set of 1100's.

Now that their prices have finally dropped to "mostly affordable", I'd recommend either the 1200 PI's or the 1200 Trident set

Of course it depends on what your cpu is capable of, what your multi &/or memory ratio is, and, of course what your wallet will bear.
You might not need to go quite so extreme!

However... even though it's not the world champ -the MIIF certainly will get you up there for FSB, so it would be a shame to be limited by your memory!
My advice: Get the fastest you can afford!
Cheers and GL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts