Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my Casehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119194&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-Cooler+Master-_-11119194

i want to move the PSU from the bottom of the case to the top, like literally on top. i would like to create something like an extended bay type thing.

i plan on using either plexi glass and then do some designing on it or just fitting some steel sheet metal up there and solder (weld if i can).

i also have a 240mm rad to put up there. (if not possible i may be able to mod something on the bottom as well to take the fit)

does anyone have any suggestions?
im all ears.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBalanceOX;14137173
why?
because i need more room in my system. On top of that i would like to seperate the PSU from the rest of the system and for my 240mm rad i want to pull air from the outside of the comp so i can lower ambient.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why do you want to solder it on? It would much easier to just use rivets. A decent rivet gun only costs around $7, and you can get a 500-pack of rivets for $10. It would creat a much stronger and better-looking joint.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkledork;14137410
Why do you want to solder it on? It would much easier to just use rivets. A decent rivet gun only costs around $7, and you can get a 500-pack of rivets for $10. It would creat a much stronger and better-looking joint.
That's not a bad idea. Only reason i was going to solder/weld is because i am decently proficient at it, i already have everything i need and i can make it look flush.

but i like the rivet idea, i could prolly do some cool lookin stuff with that.
thanks bud

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no one has any input?
i thought this was the case mod forum
tongue.gif

maybe i should get some pics in here and show you all what im talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts