Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for really good cans under 100. I listen to ALOT of music, all types, from indie to country to ghetto booty shakin YOU! SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LOOONG type of music! lol and I also GAME. Anyway I'd also like a decent/good sound card not trying to spend a lot on it though!

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Most people would recommend the AD700 but they are out of your price range. You can buy the HD555 for around 70 dollars and if the deal is still available, buy the x-fi xtrememusic off amazon for 29.99. An amazing sound card for the price.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackClocker
View Post

Most people would recommend the AD700 but they are out of your price range. You can buy the HD555 for around 70 dollars and if the deal is still available, buy the x-fi xtrememusic off amazon for 29.99. An amazing sound card for the price.

how much does the x-fi xtrememusic go for?

is it this:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound...9867465&sr=8-1

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
I really LOVE my sound card. Not very many people like creative made cards, although their X-Fi chip is very good for gaming. My card, the Auzentech Forte, is a better quality, better built card that utilizes the X-Fi chip! That, and the drivers aren't filled with useless extras.

Add all of the above to the fact that this card offers you a Headphone pre-amp, and I was sold! Dedicated amp on the sound card, pretty cool!

I also use the HD555 with this sound card, and have never regretted spending the money on this audio setup. Other people will tell you that they would prefer a dedicated amp after the sound card, but for my needs this is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts