Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen+shot+2011-07-09+at+5.29.56+PM.png

I'm still not sure what case fans to get. On the LD PC-V8, you can install 2 x 140mm fans in the front of the case, 4 x 120mm fans in the top of the case, 1 x 120mm fan on the backside, 1 x 92mm fan under PSU and 8 x 120mm in the bottom.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'd like them to be black or red.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat
View Post

I like the white color but I'm not sure that it would go well with my color scheme.

I've been thinking of getting these for my 120mm:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=27970

But would that be overkill?

OCN= NOTHING is overkill

They are very nice fans, You should defo get them, They will do the job nicely and will give a good airflow around your case.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbob1234
View Post

OCN= NOTHING is overkill

They are very nice fans, You should defo get them, They will do the job nicely and will give a good airflow around your case.

I just thought of something though, since my 480mm rad is going to be at the top of the case, would I really need fans there?

Sorry, this is in fact my first wc build.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
If there is room to fit them in, Yes but if they dont fit you have spare fans

But im sure it says 4x fans at the top but I think tht means there is room for either 4 fans for the rad so no.

edit: been informed apparently you are ment to have both at the top the 4 fans and the rad

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

View Post

But im sure it says 4x fans at the top but I think tht means there is room for either 4 fans for the rad so no.

Yeah, I'll just have the 2x140mm case fans on the front and the 1x120mm in the back.

I've been looking at this for the 140mm fans:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=27092

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Scythe fans are simply great fans, You cant go wrong with them.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Quote:

View Post

edit: been informed apparently you are ment to have both at the top the 4 fans and the rad

Or he can get creative, mount the rad inside, then use long screws to mount fans on the OUTSIDE of the case pulling air through the rad.

Running a rad without fans directly on it will cut down your cooling power.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How would these orange XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 fans look with red tubing and an r3f mobo?

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Pretty sweet. Aslong as you dont go over the top and cause a clash in colours and cause it to be a eye saw

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by theseekeroffun
View Post

Get a CaseLab case if you can. You will not regret it!

The little devil is literally one the best water cooling cases in the world.

Enough said.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Quote:

View Post

The little devil is literally one the best water cooling cases in the world.

Enough said.

Obviously, you have never touched a CL case. LD's are good cases, but CL cases are the best. This is the Bugatti of cases.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Obviously, you have never touched a CL case. LD's are good cases, but CL cases are the best. This is the Bugatti of cases.

Yea your right it CL is a better brand of case

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

View Post

CL is not a brand, it is the best.

And my name is jim
sorry but nothing can be the BEST, For the simple reason of this, A product/item can only be as good as the user.

The thing is like this mayte boy.

You could define the best as, Whats sold more, That will be the haf by...............Coolermaster that CM not CL

You could define it by which is best built, That will be the little devil hands down.

Sure Cl is good but Its not the best in the world

How is CL not a brand btw?

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LD offers the red and black I want and is able to fit 3 480mm rads, and it's a full "rectangular" sized case, versus the more square case labs case, which personally I don't like and is best used with an SR-2 build.

On topic:

Does anyone have these orange case fans with red tubing so I can get an idea of how it looks? I'll be using 8x XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 fans for my rads, the san ace 120mm in the back, and the 2x140mm scythe kaze maru 2 fans in the front.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Quote:

View Post

And my name is jim
sorry but nothing can be the BEST, For the simple reason of this, A product/item can only be as good as the user.

The thing is like this mayte boy.

You could define the best as, Whats sold more, That will be the haf by...............Coolermaster that CM not CL

You could define it by which is best built, That will be the little devil hands down.

Sure Cl is good but Its not the best in the world

How is CL not a brand btw?

I define "best" as the best. The CL case is beyond words. If it were a watch it would be a Patek with a tourbillon movement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts