Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a sunbeam nuuo for my bro's rig and ever since I got it whenever I turned on his computer (by pressing the power button on his case) it would beep at me (like an error beep) but I figured I must have reversed the polarity on the button and I would change it next time I went into the case...

but then when my psu in my htpc died on me I put the nuuo in there and it's doing the same thing.

so does anyone know what might be causing this?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well, What is the beep like? A quick one? A long one? A hairy one?

Also, Is it coming directly from the PSU or from the motherboard?

*EDIT* Big 4,000 now.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it's a medium to long beep... sounds a bit harsh... like a little system speaker. I'll double check where it's coming from.

I'd say it's a medium length beep and it is definately coming from the 3.5" drive fan controller/display that came w/ the psu.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
I have one too, I think its just a beep saying that the system is working, or something like that. I will restart my comptuer in a bit and let you know if I hear it.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy

I have one too, I think its just a beep saying that the system is working, or something like that. I will restart my comptuer in a bit and let you know if I hear it.

oh, you'd know if yours did it! I'm not talking about a quiet, barely audable beep or anything like that... this beep is about 2x louder than the post beep!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks! please let us know

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have to remove the bay drive alltogether or just not use the fan controller?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

do you have to remove the bay drive alltogether or just not use the fan controller?

im pretty sure you just have to unplug it from your psu, or just unplug the power. You cant use it though

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, it was the bay drive fan controller thing. I took it out and it has never beeped again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts