Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Nolan being involved, it should be good. Just don't make it as dark as Batman.

A Superman Batman teamup and or Justice League will kick ass too.

In an interview with The Los Angeles Times, filmmaker Christopher Nolan - speaking from the edit bay of "Inception" - spoke in fairly great detail about the upcoming sequel to ''The Dark Knight'', which he'll likely direct, as well as the new ''Superman'' movie he's shepherding (a fancy word for 'Producing').

Here's a run-down of what was said :

"Batman 3"

- Jonah Nolan is writing the pic. "My brother is writing a script for me and we'll wait to see how it turns out.... He's struggling to put it together into the epic story that you want it to be."

- Superman won't cameo in the new "Batman" movie, and vice versa.

- The next "Batman" film will likely be the last in the current series - for Nolan anyway. "Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story," he said. "And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story."

- Nolan won't confirm which villains he'll be using but does say he won't be using Mr Freeze, as rumoured a couple of weeks back.

"Superman"

- Nolan downplays suggestions that the film will be titled "The Man of Steel". -

He also shrugs off the Lex Luthor/Braniac-villain combo rumours (but, as the article suggests, could be bluffing).

- Though he admired Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns", particularly in the sense that it was directly linked to Richard Donner's "Superman" movies, Nolan says his film will stand on it's own. A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that's what I know how to do".

- Writer David Goyer was the one who sold Nolan on the "Superman" reboot. "He basically told me, I have this thought about how you would approach Superman," Nolan recalled. I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.

- Nolan says he doesn't know who will direct the film (though his brother Jonah has been rumoured for the job).

- Nolan and writers David Goyer and Jonah Nolan have nailed down the story. It's very exciting; we have a fantastic story. And we feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts