Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am having some difficulty sourcing RAM for a Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F board. Looking for ECC RAM without breaking the bank (impossible currently I know). I was wondering if anyone had any kind of luck using something that wasnt on the tested RAM list. Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
476 Posts
it takes ddr4 unbuffered which is different from registered but still ECC. I learned that the hard way with ddr3 on a supermicro 1156 which does take registered but only some registered lmao, also check the QVL for your board and just google those part numbers. Even if you find some ECC unbuffered it might not work if its not on supermicro QVL. Check the QVL for real.

A good bet is to call crucial tech support and they can probably get you some micron sticks somehow. Seems like those sticks are only going to OEM we wont see them untill they hit natex/ebay

google this PC4-19200E for 2400, also PC4-17000E for 2133. It's really hard to find but i saw a couple?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNPCX1KMC-...996539&hash=item213b5278f4:g:kdYAAOSwysRasaat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea crucial has 2 2x16 sticks that they say will work. Those are $415 ish. Newegg has the Samsung sticks but at $216 ish each. Easier to get the Samsungs because of newegg credit card but cheaper to get the crucial/micron sticks. Leaning towards the Samsungs due to ease and QVL. Still open to other use cases as my purchasing timeframe is roughly 6 months out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts