Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the link to it.

As you hopefully read, it's a game backed completely by volunteers, all of whom are seemingly from reddit. Their goal is to create a MineCraft-esque game with a zombie spin.

A direct, succinct quote:
Quote:
The game is being designed by a team of independent developers after a post on the website Reddit asked for a game with "No time limits, no plot devices, no crazy "super zombie" boss.. Just a massive open world where you have to actually be careful what you do."
I posted this up here because I thought I remembered someone asking why something like this wasn't being looked into - well, here you go!

Although there aren't any results yet - OCN, what're your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Cool, been waiting for something like this. I don't want to buy Dead Island, because frankly it looks crap.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only just looked back on this today and checked out their forums - some very interesting ideas, to say the least. The two that I checked out include:

Some sort of heavy death penalty. Some suggested a system of voluntary perma-death, coupled with "survivor stats".

A completely interactive world - imagine Digimon World, except with zombies. You start out in a moderately (but not completely) safe "town" region where you can put your effort to building the town fortifications, eventually attracting other survivors. Once the town is independent, you are free to explore the unknown, more dangerous regions of the world.

I really hope this pulls through - judging from one news update, they had to review 630(+) applications the first week or so the idea was generated. Give them your support!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
They've failed every point of game development. This will never get done.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luXfer;14386772
What do you mean by that?
confused.gif
He read a game design article with some bullet points, to which every single project ever must conform.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Haha no. I'm a 3D Artist myself and have worked on a few games (freelance mind). And the way these guys have gone about it just doesn't work, they don't have anyone with the necessary skills, they don't have a plan, they're hyping it before they've got anything.

It's amusing when I see this sort of thing as people just assume making a game is easy. Make a website, briefly explain the idea, try to hire people for free. Etc etc.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyph3r
View Post

Haha no. I'm a 3D Artist myself and have worked on a few games (freelance mind). And the way these guys have gone about it just doesn't work, they don't have anyone with the necessary skills, they don't have a plan, they're hyping it before they've got anything.

It's amusing when I see this sort of thing as people just assume making a game is easy. Make a website, briefly explain the idea, try to hire people for free. Etc etc.

but they have concept art... lol
and thats about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts