Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have receive for the last 2 days sometime regarding to my Account on Battle.net

My 1st Email saying some account setting changed. And tell me to go into one of the links to double check it... the links show something like this.. (Go there at your own risk and i held no responiblity)

I disregard it, then next day, i got email from BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT ([email protected]) saying..

Quote:
Dear customer,
Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account (My Email Address) has been locked. You logined your account successfully at 16:51:14 on 2010-10-7 from the (IP Address), but our system shows this IP isn't your registered IP. We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, we need you follow these steps:
Step 1: Secure Your Computer
In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.
Step 2: Secure Your E-mail Account
After you have secured your computer, check your e-mail filters and rules and look for any e-mail forwarding rules that you did not create. For more information on securing your e-mail account, visit our Support page.
Step 3: Restore access to Your account
We now provide a secure website for you to verify whether you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please follow this site to restore the access to your account: ttp://us.blizzard.worldofwarcraft.infoadmin-service.us/battlelogin.html?ticket=7bm9q4w5hqowsfblojttcqolon l2hzcnjl9uxthkppzk
If you still have questions or concerns after following the steps above, feel free to contact Customer Support at ttp://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20606.
Sincerely,
The Battle.net Account Team
Online Privacy Policy

I don't know is this a legit email or not, and i'm not inputing my ID and Pass from those links...

Anyone got simliar email?

I checked my Account status on the legit battle.net links saying my account is active...

edit: I remove my payment method for know incase i did really got hack, so they can't use my CC

edit2: I removed my email address and IP from that quote, the email i got had my email and "my" ID address.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have gotten same kind of crap and I am not even a WOW player...

typical scam...

Regards,

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Fake. Link is not to the official site.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxyy View Post
i doubt those are real...wowaccountreviewEU but ur in the US? Try logging into your account on the main blizz page.

I used Symantec Internet Security Auto login feature, on the legit website from battle.net it automatic input my ID and Password, when i go to that link from the email, its not inputing my ID and pass automaticitly so i knew something is wrong

I used the real one from blizz's main page, all my info is correct and is active

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsan View Post
fake....

http://www.battle.net-wowlogin-notice-security.com/

lol..... says webf.

Anyways It's trying to steal your password that is all.

Check email headers, you will see they are forged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chranny View Post
Fake. Link is not to the official site.
Ya thats what i was thinking, it is also under my Junk Email on my Hotmail

Btw i removed my email address and my so call "IP address" from the quote. but ya email did not come in like (My email) like that lol, i just edited those

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler View Post
I used Symantec Internet Security Auto login feature, on the legit website from battle.net it automatic input my ID and Password, when i go to that link from the email, its not inputing my ID and pass automaticitly so i knew something is wrong

I used the real one from blizz's main page, all my info is correct and is active

Ya thats what i was thinking, it is also under my Junk Email on my Hotmail
I wouldn't have went to the links, I personally don't have a account, but if i did i probably wouldn't have gone. I don't really keep passwords saved, and i browse pages like that cautiously.

Not to make you paranoid but i have seen stranger things than cross domain cookie theft and the like. Lots of XSS these days.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
ttp://us.blizzard.worldofwarcraft.infoadmin-service.us/battlelogin.html?ticket=7bm9q4w5hqowsfblojttcqolon l2hzcnjl9uxthkppzk

That's the domain right there. Domain name is always the last part before the top-level domain.

Gave it away instantly.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
I got the second email too, I have never even played WoW

Did they show you IP address started like 144.xx.xx.....?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Any idea why you get these? i have been playing WoW for over a year and have never got any messages like this? i have gotten some through Steam but thats just members trying to get me to sign up to some mega exclusive steam thing (Yeah right!) anyway they get reported

But i have never gotten any messages about WoW, except from when its actually WoW after me contacting them myself - shocking how good there service was actually they were VERY helpful and quick response

Maybe post on WoW forums about the emails, just to warn Blizzard and other members who might not be so quick to think possible scam

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler View Post
Did they show you IP address started like 144.xx.xx.....?
http://www.battle.net-wowlogin-notic...tion=loginsave

Login save LOL don't name it that!!!! lol..... I imagine it always says account invalid, I entered boobsalopolus which is totally legit.

If you wanna mess them up download a program called accessdiver, it's old but it will basically spam those values, they can sort through a couple thousand logins.

·
god loves ugly
4,240 Posts
Totally fake

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stan_nel View Post
and its 'ttp://' and not http or even https<--which is a secure site and would normally be legit( or atleast more legit than what they have )
I imagine he just fudged paste.

https doesn't really mean much in the world of shared ssl on most cheap hosts.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by stan_nel View Post
and its 'ttp://' and not http or even https<--which is a secure site and would normally be legit( or atleast more legit than what they have )

I removed the H, so it doesn't auto hyperlink it when i post them

·
Registered
290 Posts
I get several of these a day and have not played wow in years, its a scam. I suspect you may want to get a bliz authenticator.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairless View Post
I get several of these a day and have not played wow in years, its a scam. I suspect you may want to get a bliz authenticator.
The problem is... i don't play WoW, the only game i played with Blizzard account is SC2 thats it lol

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Major fail. Just look at the website.

Code:

Code:
battle.net-wowlogin-notice-security.com
Is that an official page from Blizzard? Absolutely not. Firefox even idiot proofs me from clicking on it if I try.

WoW players really can't fall for this can they?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts