Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not be considered "news"...I didn't, so I put this here.

It seems as though a new site related to Star Wars: The Old Republic has gone online in the past 24 hours or so, with a login screen. When you login (and yes, it's a legit site), it takes you to a server listing screen, but there is an error message that states there are no servers available to play on.

A lot of people on the SW:ToR forums are guessing this is the site or temporary site that beta testers will use to being...well, beta testing the game. This also could be related to PAX, but I don't believe Bioware Austin (people developing SW:ToR) has made any mention that they will even be there. Some also think this is related to the mysterious countdown timer on some of Bioware's sites, but I do not think that is the case.

Link - launch.swtor.com

To me, it hints at testing coming up soon, but then again, it could be something else, and I have no idea what that something else could be.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I sure hope it means beta soon. They're definitely checking out some form of log-in system for a game account of some sort.

*Crosses fingers*

P.S. - Nice find.

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
This won't be Beta, as I couldn't see them doing that before doing any other sort of testing. But this will certainly be initial testing, and is very exciting to see!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the mods on the SW:ToR forums confirmed the site to be the beta testing location.

Quote:

You have indeed found the login portal for Game Testing. That said, this is not a new page and we are not ready to make any additional announcements about our Game Testing Program. When we are ready, we will make sure The Old Republic Community is the first to know!

Source

Guess it's nothing new to them, but it's new to us! This just makes me want to play the game even more now, haha.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Just tried to login, got in but it says "no game servers currently available for play." I take this as a confirmation of beta testing starting soon... good, cause I signed up and I wanna freakin test it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts