Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Window Shopping
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, a few notes:

1) I proudly own a Xigmatek Elysium which I love very much.

2) I am less than thrilled with the side panel's mounting hardware.

Therefore, I've decided to change it to swing open on a hinge. If I can, I'll get really fancy and put a dual-position piston in, allowing me to click it shut or lock it ~90 degrees open, with a pin to swing it open further.

I'm really hoping to find someone who's done hinge mods on a case, I've never modded things before :O (unless pulling the front door off an old apevia counts, which I doubt
tongue.gif
)

Tips, tricks and suggestions VERY welcome!

edit: in case you don't know the case, a pic! not mine, but pretty close (mine's got a window, check my sig build log for pics of it)

Xigmatek-Elysium-ships-next-month-1068305.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjoe229;14209135
First, a few notes:

1) I proudly own a Xigmatek Elysium which I love very much.

2) I am less than thrilled with the side panel's mounting hardware.

Therefore, I've decided to change it to swing open on a hinge. If I can, I'll get really fancy and put a dual-position piston in, allowing me to click it shut or lock it ~90 degrees open, with a pin to swing it open further.

I'm really hoping to find someone who's done hinge mods on a case, I've never modded things before :O (unless pulling the front door off an old apevia counts, which I doubt
tongue.gif
)

Tips, tricks and suggestions VERY welcome!

edit: in case you don't know the case, a pic! not mine, but pretty close (mine's got a window, check my sig build log for pics of it)
Sounds awesome. Cant help you with any suggestion however, Im looking forward to seeing what you come up with
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I was thinking about making a Lamborghini case and doing that like a Lamborghini door. Good luck man! It'll look sick when it's done I bet xD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts