Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im "not" (edit lol) trying to pressure you admin but i think you should consider the use of SWF files in text like images (not attachments) that will be amongst the test in the thread/post.

You can make a rule that no SWF files to be above whatever (1mb, 500kb). It's just a good form of animation and a good way to have fun (people can make animations). To save space users/members can make a SWF file with multiple imges in it so it saves page space. so if you click on the pictures it changes or it automtically chnages or whatever, it's up to the user to make the Flash Program/movie.

It may be sometihng you need to tihnk about for a while but i tihnk it will eventually have to come onto this site.

If not in text with threads, maybe avatars can allow flash instead of GIF (better quality and smaller files).

Just a thought that you might consider.

Thansk for the incrased file size anyway, thats just great admin.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Most people here probably don't have Flash (I do
), I would be nice to have SWF uploads, but i dunno...

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
Ive flash too. I was thinking about making a small animation of the WC3 heros using a spell or something. Just got it..still learnin tho

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
My thought on this idea is that it should not happen, by allowing uploads of that file and content type we would be hosting a domain or cartoons and other content that is not related to Overclocking or computer problems.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

I was talking about my icon...?

Why don't you just make your avatar an animated gif?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Very few people will have Flash so whats the point?

Plus i block all SWF files in Firefox, as 90% of them are adverts at the top of web pages.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

My thought on this idea is that it should not happen, by allowing uploads of that file and content type we would be hosting a domain or cartoons and other content that is not related to Overclocking or computer problems.

I agree I dont see point I have flash myself but it would just not seem worth it. avatar a different matter but why cant you just make it a gif like he said ^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.