1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to avoid the top because then I would have top open up the panels which would make my set up louder in general. Front mount also get me the coolest air passing through my radiator. And thanks for those I'll check them out.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'll say no. The rad/pump/fan combo would fit in the front. But the tubing is just a tad too short so no, it wouldn't fit out of the box.
The tubing is only 29/24cm long (according to SPCR), emphasizing that it's meant to be mounted on the top.
I took a quick measurement from my case, from the top of the front where the H240-X fans would sit up against the front, to ~ where CPU is, it's about 34cm.
Taking into account that from where the shorter tube leaves the pump and that it's 24cm long..

If you want it in the front you can either
  • replace the tubing. $$'s for tubing (16/10mm) and liquid (distilled water + biocide will do). drain it, replace the tubing, add liquid. afaik you can reuse the fittings/clamps, they're just swiwel barbs (10mm OD) with screw clamps to keep the tube in place.
  • use spacers (and longer screws). pretty much just empty fan frames to shift the rad assembly further away from the front. the stock screws are just standard 30mm long (or 1 3/16) Philips head screws with 6-32 thread. So as an example, if you'd add 25mm thick spacers you'd want 30mm+25mm=55mm long 6-32 screws.
http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx
http://www.silentpcreview.com/Swiftech_H240-X

P.S. This is the air cooling sub forum
teaching.gif
thumb.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if instead of mounting the fans outside the front part I just mount it inside to move it closer? That's 25mm right?

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
Yes you can mount H240-x in the front, but the tubing might be a bit short.
As lagittaja mentioned the two best options to fix this.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
And about the spacer method, just single spacers which shift the combo 25mm away from the front might not be enough.
You'd want to ask in the threads doyll linked you to if anyone has R5+H240-X mounted in the front (what they had to do to make it work)
Or try and see it for yourself with the case and H240-X in front of you what it takes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts