Overclock.net banner

21201 - 21220 of 21297 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Got an old H320X2 Prestige on a loop with 6700K @ 4.6/1,320V and a Titan XP, well, "HAD" ...it finally started to leak after 4 years so i just ordered X3. It did the job well!
Probably would have been very easy to identify the leak and fix it.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
Probably would have been very easy to identify the leak and fix it.
It was the the nut inside the reservoir (where it connects with the pump) which got cracked and i wasnt gonna glue anything that already started cracking.

Attachments

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,640 Posts
I have been waiting on my H-240X to start leaking since the last time (2 or 3 years ago) I changed the window it cracked and one of the screws are stripped out. Been running in my machine with no issues so far. I have changed the fluid out a few times since installing it though. I really really want to get one of the X3's (probably the 360) but it is not in my budget right now...lol.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
I have been waiting on my H-240X to start leaking since the last time (2 or 3 years ago) I changed the window it cracked and one of the screws are stripped out. Been running in my machine with no issues so far. I have changed the fluid out a few times since installing it though. I really really want to get one of the X3's (probably the 360) but it is not in my budget right now...lol.
Mine did good for 4 years and back in 2016 their Customer Support was great, so i decided to stick with swiftech for the time bein'. The 360X3 by what i see has no difference from X2, i used old fans Noise Blocker and kept the cpu block from X2.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,640 Posts
Mine did good for 4 years and back in 2016 their Customer Support was great, so i decided to stick with swiftech for the time bein'. The 360X3 by what i see has no difference from X2, i used old fans Noise Blocker and kept the cpu block from X2.
I'm sure there were people from back then who say the customer service was crap at that time...lol.

I upgraded my old X block to a Heatkiller IV Pro and I still use the fans that came with the H 240-X unit (both have been replaced once). Are there a better fans I can use than the ones that came with the H240-X?
I also have an H140 that cools my GPU with a Heatkiller IV pro block. But that one is only maybe 2 years old.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
I'm sure there were people from back then who say the customer service was crap at that time...lol.

I upgraded my old X block to a Heatkiller IV Pro and I still use the fans that came with the H 240-X unit (both have been replaced once). Are there a better fans I can use than the ones that came with the H240-X?
I still have the unused H320X2 fans plus these new ones from X3. Gonna run my NB-eLoop Series 120 until they burn out. Not sure about the performance, havent tried other fans in 4 years

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
I think i've asked this before but can someone suggest idle RPM for 360X3 pump, i got CPU+GPU loop and added a 240 rad. on top. In order "pump to CPU-Top radiator-GPU-Main radiator"

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts

I also have an H140 that cools my GPU with a Heatkiller IV pro block. But that one is only maybe 2 years old.
There are a great number of fans better than the 120mm Helix that were included with the H240-X. The Swiftech fans were always the weak link in the package, which is why the Prestige units came with eLoops that improved performance. An inexpensive option would be something like the Phanteks F120MP which has significantly better performance and can be found for ~$12-14 each. Or you could go into best of the best territory with the be quiet Silent Wings 3.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,640 Posts
There are a great number of fans better than the 120mm Helix that were included with the H240-X. The Swiftech fans were always the weak link in the package, which is why the Prestige units came with eLoops that improved performance. An inexpensive option would be something like the Phanteks F120MP which has significantly better performance and can be found for ~$12-14 each. Or you could go into best of the best territory with the be quiet Silent Wings 3.
The H240-X was 2 140mm fans. I am not even sure there are mounting holes for 120 mm fans.

Are there better 140mm fans for this than the Helix fans?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
The H240-X was 2 140mm fans. I am not even sure there are mounting holes for 120 mm fans.

Are there better 140mm fans for this than the Helix fans?
Sorry, totally forgot about the old naming scheme for a second. The same holds true for 140mm fans, with the same recommendations in 140mm size - the Phanteks F140MP and Silent Wings 3.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,640 Posts
Sorry, totally forgot about the old naming scheme for a second. The same holds true for 140mm fans, with the same recommendations in 140mm size - the Phanteks F140MP and Silent Wings 3.
Cool, thanks. I already had those up in Amazon. I may order two of them then maybe one for the H120, or is that an H140?....LOL I really need to look at it...

EDIT: Yeah, that old naming scheme was hard to understand for a lot of people, I think that's why they changed it to a more standard naming scheme...lol.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
Anyone have experience with XSPC EC6 High Performance Premix Coolant, 1000 mL, Green UV? I cant find Nanoxia CF No.1 UV Green that i've been using for the past 4 years.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
Anyone have experience with XSPC EC6 High Performance Premix Coolant, 1000 mL, Green UV? I cant find Nanoxia CF No.1 UV Green that i've been using for the past 4 years.
I used it once and had bacterial growth after 4 months. Try a switch to Mayhems fluids, most who use them will never go back to anything else.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
I used it once and had bacterial growth after 4 months. Try a switch to Mayhems fluids, most who use them will never go back to anything else.
I'm between two producs
1-http://www.xs-pc.com/coolant/ec6-coolant-uv-green
2-https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-solid-neon-green-premix-1000-ml
EC6 is CLEAR and specs are exactly the same as Nanoxia which did a great job for a long time, EK is SOLID and call me crazy but i've been watching Jay a lot and he's never happy with EK's liquids.
BTW this is Nanoxia after 4 years of abuse without flush and this image just drained "not flushed"

Attachments

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
I'm between two producs
1-http://www.xs-pc.com/coolant/ec6-coolant-opaque-uv-green
2-https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-solid-neon-green-premix-1000-ml
EC6 is CLEAR and specs are exactly the same as Nanoxia which did a great job for a long time, EK is SOLID and call me crazy but i've been watching Jay a lot and he's never happy with EK's liquids.
BTW this is Nanoxia after 4 years of abuse without flush and this image just drained "not flushed"
Then go with the EC6. Neither you or Jay is crazy, EK fluids are garbage. Plenty of issues with them reported on this site.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,640 Posts
I second this. I switched to Mayhems about 4 years ago with the XT-1 and I am still using the same bottle. I changed out my rad fans and decided to flush my system just last night and I thought I would see some kind of build up after about 2 + years, but the fluid was crystal clear.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
Thanx. I'm gonna give the XSPC EC6 a shot.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
Thanx. I'm gonna give the XSPC EC6 a shot.
That seems logical.....both people who respond to you tell you to use Mayhems, with one telling you of a bad experience with the EC6 so you choose EC6. :doh:

@skupples, any thoughts on this?

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
That seems logical.....both people who respond to you tell you to use Mayhems, with one telling you of a bad experience with the EC6 so you choose EC6. :doh:

@skupples, any thoughts on this?
LOL!!! I don't know dude, something about Mayhems just does not sit right with me.

21201 - 21220 of 21297 Posts