7,795 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Itx case that can fit a H220X?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Does anyone know exactly how strong the pump is in the Swiftech H360X3 Drive X3 compared to D5 or DDC? Is the Drive X3 like a quarter the strength of tese standalone pumps?

I ask because I expanded to two 360mm rads, a 200mm reservoir and in the future planning to water cool the GPU and add in another 360 rad. How do I figure out if I’m reaching the headroom or surpassing the capabilities of Drive X3 pump?

Thanks

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,153 Posts
Does anyone know exactly how strong the pump is in the Swiftech H360X3 Drive X3 compared to D5 or DDC? Is the Drive X3 like a quarter the strength of tese standalone pumps?

I ask because I expanded to two 360mm rads, a 200mm reservoir and in the future planning to water cool the GPU and add in another 360 rad. How do I figure out if I’m reaching the headroom or surpassing the capabilities of Drive X3 pump?

Thanks
I had the exact specs, but can't find them. I do recall the head pressure being ~2.2m, and flow rate being over 1gpm. Essentially the pump was designed to comfortably handle two blocks and two rads. Anything beyond that you need to slook at adding an additional pump, or simply replacing the stock pump with the MCP50X (which is a direct replacement). The MCP50X has similar performance to an MCP35X DDC (https://thermalbench.com/2015/01/05/swiftech-mcp50x-pump/4/), but is quieter and does not have the DDC's heat issues.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That MCP50X sounds interesting thank you!
Just out of curiosity, if I were to purchase a reservoir + pump (D5) combo and add it to my loop, would I run into trouble mixing H360X3 weaker pump with the D5?
Wouldn’t the weaker H360X3 pump struggle to keep up with the D5?

+Rep.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,153 Posts
That MCP50X sounds interesting thank you!
Just out of curiosity, if I were to purchase a reservoir + pump (D5) combo and add it to my loop, would I run into trouble mixing H360X3 weaker pump with the D5?
Wouldn’t the weaker H360X3 pump struggle to keep up with the D5?

+Rep.
You can run two pumps that are not alike with no issues.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I have a mcp50x and the h220x (which uses the mcp35x) in the same loop for years now with zero issues...I have a 480 monster and a 420 ek le rad and the 220x with two video cards blocked and have never had a flow issue even running the mcp50x solo they are very good pumps

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,153 Posts
I have a mcp50x and the h220x (which uses the mcp35x) in the same loop for years now with zero issues...I have a 480 monster and a 420 ek le rad and the 220x with two video cards blocked and have never had a flow issue even running the mcp50x solo they are very good pumps
Agreed, they are excellent pumps. But, the H220X uses and MCP30, which is an MCP50X based pump. The MCP35X is a Laing DDC based pump, and is not compatible (in terms of direct replacement) with the MCP50X or MCP30

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Agreed, they are excellent pumps. But, the H220X uses and MCP30, which is an MCP50X based pump. The MCP35X is a Laing DDC based pump, and is not compatible (in terms of direct replacement) with the MCP50X or MCP30
The swiftech rep that sent me an email about six years ago must've accidentally told me the wrong pump then when I asked thanks for the clarification....iirc the max speed of the mcp30 is slightly lower than the mcp50x but has shown zero effects in my loop but I also have a pretty non restrictive loop not sure that that would matter but I've only had two loops so far and both I chose non restrictive blocks and fairly non restrictive rads.....

If I showed pictures of my loop right now youde have me banned from ocn it's way overdue a cleaning...I just dont have the time working 7 days a week and having a 2 year old...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I picked up my H220-X from a Dutch company and at the time I think there was at least another place in the E.U. that sold them. I'm thinking of getting the H360 X3 but it seems like previous issues and increased competition has made them near impossible to find at any outlets. Does anybody know of anywhere this side of the pond that sells them? There used to be a Swiftech rep in here, I don't suppose there still is?

·
Overclock the World
1,911 Posts
Can somebody tell me any ETA for when the H240X are gonna be back in stock
Im looking for an ITX build in a tiny Node S + for a 3900X+Asus Impact
Sadly even performance-pc has them out of stock ~ maybe you guys know another e-tailer ?
Location US, this time

@v1ral the Fractal Design Node S , can fit that 240X for example , the 220X shouldn't be different :)

·
Overclock the World
1,911 Posts
I've contacted them
Yes it changed now ~ thank you for doublechecking :thumb:
Wouldn't else bother to ask, if anything was in stock :p
Close to all copper CLC options where gone, no alphacool LT solo for own CLC designs
And didn't find any slim formfactor block/pump combos - nor rad-pump combos of the shelf
~ all where out of stock on 5 etailers so far :D

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
It seems my temps are starting to climb up again as the days start to get warmer. Not sure but they seem a bit higher than last year.
Right now with about 10% cpu usage I am seeing temps in the low to mid 40's, where they used to be in the low 30's. My temps don't usually start creeping up like this until the summer when higher temps in the 80's and 90's hit. Those temps don't seem that bad because I do have my cpu OC'd at 4.2 ghz.
I replaced my thermal paste like 3 months ago with a system flush and refill because my temps seemed a bit high for the winter. Not sure if I should reapply the paste or look into getting a larger AIO (I use the 240-X with a heatkiller IV pro block on my cpu only) but I do not have the money for one right now. Though it could be my pump is starting to slow down.

I will run a bench or stress test and report back with the temp results in a few.

I am looking for suggestions on what I can do to hopefully improve my temps. I prefer the cheapest route possible because I am currently trying to save some money to upgrade my system.

Edit: I ran OCCT for about 20 mins and my CPU temps peaked at 70, and it has never gotten that high before on the same test. It usually goes no higher than about 63.

Edit 2: I ran Time Spy and it acted weird. My cpu never went above 27% usage and my GPU never went over 2% yet the GPU temp ran up to 54 deg. Which is high, but then when I ran Firestrike and the GPU hit 100% but it never went over 42 deg. The GPU is cooled by a H140 with a heatkiller IV pro block.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey been a while. So I just ordered new cpu and mobo and made the switch to the amd ryzen 9 3900x. I currently run a i7-7700k. My question is can I take my sons spare parts from his after market fan and use it to mount my h240 on my new cpu? Or would I have to buy a new cooler entirely?

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
I finally broke down and ordered the H360 Drive X3 AIO. It will be a few weeks till I start ordering and putting together my new system but I figured I would test this out on my ageing but OC'd 4930k cpu and see how it does.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
Can anyone tell me which port is the inlet or outlet port on the H240-X? I've been searching and can't find anything on this. I know there is a graphic buried somewhere deep in this thread but have been unable to locate it.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,153 Posts
Can anyone tell me which port is the inlet or outlet port on the H240-X? I've been searching and can't find anything on this. I know there is a graphic buried somewhere deep in this thread but have been unable to locate it.
Out is on the left in the pic below. The outlet is actually on the pump, while the inlet is on the rad.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
Out is on the left in the pic below. The outlet is actually on the pump, while the inlet is on the rad.

That's what I figured but didn't want to guess.

If I am putting my GPU and CPU in the same loop should I loop it so the flow goes from the 240-X to the CPU to the GPU then back to the H240, or should it go the other way around I assume to the CPU first but then I thought that the CPU gets hotter than the GPU and I don't want the GPU temps to go up to high, but if I go with the GPU first will whatever minimal heat that puts out increase the temps of the cpu?

I am putting my GPU and CPU in the same loop under my H240-x temporarily. In my old case I had a H140 for my GPU and the 240-x for my CPU. Unfortunately this new case can't fit a 140mm fan, much less a 140mm rad in the back pf the case. I also don't have enough tubing to run it from the front of the case so it has to be mounted in the top. Right now I am running sysprep just through the GPU because I noticed some residue in the GPU waterblock.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,153 Posts
That's what I figured but didn't want to guess.

If I am putting my GPU and CPU in the same loop should I loop it so the flow goes from the 240-X to the CPU to the GPU then back to the H240, or should it go the other way around I assume to the CPU first but then I thought that the CPU gets hotter than the GPU and I don't want the GPU temps to go up to high, but if I go with the GPU first will whatever minimal heat that puts out increase the temps of the cpu?

I am putting my GPU and CPU in the same loop under my H240-x temporarily. In my old case I had a H140 for my GPU and the 240-x for my CPU. Unfortunately this new case can't fit a 140mm fan, much less a 140mm rad in the back pf the case. I also don't have enough tubing to run it from the front of the case so it has to be mounted in the top. Right now I am running sysprep just through the GPU because I noticed some residue in the GPU waterblock.
The order won't matter. Liquid temp will only have a 1-2C difference at any points in the loop. Route it however it is easier.

21261 - 21280 of 21297 Posts