Overclock.net banner

21281 - 21297 of 21297 Posts

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
The order won't matter. Liquid temp will only have a 1-2C difference at any points in the loop. Route it however it is easier.
:specool:

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
What do you guys recommend if I go to a full custom loop from my old AIO set up?

I've only used the configurable AIOs from Swiftech and had a separate loop for my GPU (H140) and my CPU (H240-X). I had my H140 on the back fan mount and the H240-X in the top. Unfortunately this new case (Lian Li Cool 2) only has mounting option for 120 mm fans in the back of the case, so I had to combine my GPU and CPU into one loop with the H240-X, of which it handles just fine. I need more cooling power (AMD build) and was looking at the H360-X3 for the front of the case but the rad mount in the front will not accept the H360-X3 with the res mounted on the rad, plus you can't mount a 360 rad in the top of the case.

So I am looking to get a 360 rad (maybe fans also) along with the res and pump. I'd prefer it to be as easy to maintain as possible (which is why I had only gone the Swiftech AIOs prior to this) with something like the pump mounted on top of the res or something similar. I have two of the really good Phanteks fans for the rad so I would need to get another one if I stay with them.

Show me what you all recommend even though I prefer to see stuff that is in stock.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,148 Posts
What do you guys recommend if I go to a full custom loop from my old AIO set up?

I've only used the configurable AIOs from Swiftech and had a separate loop for my GPU (H140) and my CPU (H240-X). I had my H140 on the back fan mount and the H240-X in the top. Unfortunately this new case (Lian Li Cool 2) only has mounting option for 120 mm fans in the back of the case, so I had to combine my GPU and CPU into one loop with the H240-X, of which it handles just fine. I need more cooling power (AMD build) and was looking at the H360-X3 for the front of the case but the rad mount in the front will not accept the H360-X3 with the res mounted on the rad, plus you can't mount a 360 rad in the top of the case.

So I am looking to get a 360 rad (maybe fans also) along with the res and pump. I'd prefer it to be as easy to maintain as possible (which is why I had only gone the Swiftech AIOs prior to this) with something like the pump mounted on top of the res or something similar. I have two of the really good Phanteks fans for the rad so I would need to get another one if I stay with them.

Show me what you all recommend even though I prefer to see stuff that is in stock.
If you don't want to go crazy, why not just add a 240mm or 360mm rad to the existing loop you made with the H240-X? Normally, I would recommend an HWL GTS, but they are very restrictive for a rad and might be a little taxing on the H240-X pump. But an Alphacool ST30 or XSPC EX or TX would do a nice job for you.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
If you don't want to go crazy, why not just add a 240mm or 360mm rad to the existing loop you made with the H240-X? Normally, I would recommend an HWL GTS, but they are very restrictive for a rad and might be a little taxing on the H240-X pump. But an Alphacool ST30 or XSPC EX or TX would do a nice job for you.
One of the things I need is an easy way to drain and fill the loops as needed without having to tilt the case to much. As it is now when it comes time to drain this loop now I will have to lean the whole case on it's side over a bucket or something like it. I'd rather not have to do that every time I have to drain and refill. Once I get this new tubing in along with whatever new rad system I will have to take out my GPU and disassemble the block to clean it real good, after that I am going to run sys prep in the loop of which I will have to drain again then refill after about 24 hrs.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts

Had this since 2016 , quite happy with it.

Attachments

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
Had this since 2016 , quite happy with it.
That's nice! How do you drain it?

Unfortunately for me a Swiftech AIO will not fit in the front rad mount due to the way it's designed, the built in res will get in the way. Well there may be a way to get it to fit but the H240-X will not fit with an H360 in the front. So when I am able to figure then get the parts I need I will be removing the H240-X and leave that out.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
That's nice! How do you drain it?

Unfortunately for me a Swiftech AIO will not fit in the front rad mount due to the way it's designed, the built in res will get in the way. Well there may be a way to get it to fit but the H240-X will not fit with an H360 in the front. So when I am able to figure then get the parts I need I will be removing the H240-X and leave that out.
Flip the case upside down, screw in fitting with a tube at the bottom of GPU, flip it back and open fill port on the H360.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
Flip the case upside down, screw in fitting with a tube at the bottom of GPU, flip it back and open fill port on the H360.
Yeah, that seems a bit much. There's got to be an easier way.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
Yeah, that seems a bit much. There's got to be an easier way.
I doubt there are many choices when it comes to custom loop draining. I can probably stick a drain valve at the bottom of GPU and keep it there but i dont mind doing it the way i do.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I added a 200mm res with a top fill/bottom drain port which makes it so much easier to fill and drain.

·
Gamer
1,732 Posts
I added a 200mm res with a top fill/bottom drain port which makes it so much easier to fill and drain.
I honestly don't see how much easier than this it can get...

Attachments

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
That may be my best option. What rad did you get?

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
I am impressed with Swiftech.

I just came from an i7 4930k on a Rampage IV black ed MB in a Phantom 820 case to a Ryzen 3900x on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi in a Lian Li LanCool 2 case. I originally had my CPU cooled by a H240-X and a Heatkiller IV pro block and my GPU cooled by a H140 and a Heatkiller IV pro block. When I started this build I had planned on using the same cooling arrangement but I could not fit the H140 as the exhaust fan (the LanCool 2 only fits a 120mm fan in the back of the case), so I combined them into one loop with my H240-x. It did really well as my GPU idle temps only went up maybe 3 degs and the Ryzen chip was apparently running average temps. I still was not satisfied with the Ryzen temps so I ordered another RAD for the loop and the MCP50X pump to replace the MCP30X on my H240-X. After I install everything and get it up and running I noticed my GPU temps have dropped significantly than they were before. Now my idle GPU temps are 27 deg which is lower than it has ever been and my benchmark/stress tests temps do not go above 48 deg so far. My CPU temps have also dropped significantly but it is a bit hard to tell with the temps spikes that are common with Ryzen chips. On average I believe I am seeing about a 10 deg drop in average temps on my CPU with a definite drop of 10 degs on the low temp end of about 35 deg. When benching it hasn't gone above 60 degs so far which is awesome but I need to do a good stress test on it now.

Note that originally I thought about installing a H360 in the front of this case. I discovered it wouldn't work because although it would fit a 360 deg rad it will not fit the H360 (no matter the version) because of the res being on the rad itself, and there just isn't enough clearance on the rad mount for the rad/fans/res combined.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,637 Posts
I have a slight issue I need help with. As mentioned above I replaced my MCP30X with the MCP50X on my H240-X. Unfortunately the MCP50X does not come with the wire harness for the res LED included on the H240-X. I am thinking I can wire into the wiring harness but I am not entirely sure what the voltage is and which is the positive wire. A swiftech rep said it may be 5v like the Iris ones are but he wasn't entirely sure.
If it was 12v that would be awesome cause I am wiring in some UV lights right now and I could rewire it into that harness easily, if not then I have to make a different harness for the different power required.

Anyone here ever rewire that light? Either way, anyone know what voltage that light requires and maybe which wire is which on the unit?

21281 - 21297 of 21297 Posts