Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I boot my pc it always tends to make a "grinding" sound. I do belive it is the pump.Swiftech MCP35X I installed had been in there for a couple of months. And it just started up recently. Does this mean I the pump is going bad? Temps are staying steady. I also have another question. I have two xfx 7970 in my computer. Would it be worth it to upgrade from generic blocks to the non-reference blocks that frozen cpu has for 120?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicob13 View Post

Whenever I boot my pc it always tends to make a "grinding" sound. I do belive it is the pump.Swiftech MCP35X I installed had been in there for a couple of months. And it just started up recently. Does this mean I the pump is going bad? Temps are staying steady. I also have another question. I have two xfx 7970 in my computer. Would it be worth it to upgrade from generic blocks to the non-reference blocks that frozen cpu has for 120?
Try to completely drain your loop, fill it and bleed again, if problem happens just contact swiftech for RMA.
We can't open these pumps to fix any small issue and thats why that big sticker saying "warranty void if removed" is there.
They are going to suggest somethings for you to do, just try them and see if it helps, if not they should RMA that pump for you.

·
Premium Member
6,198 Posts
Quote:

I also have another question. I have two xfx 7970 in my computer. Would it be worth it to upgrade from generic blocks to the non-reference blocks that frozen cpu has for 120?
generic blocks or universal blocks?
you have to make sure those full cover blocks on fcpu actually FIT your SPECIFIC xfx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this warranty conversation with Swiftech.

If you notice on their web site the MCP35X2 housings are sold separately. There is a note at the bottom stating, "Installation of this housing to your existing MCP35 series pump does not void your pump warranty.." assuming you don't screw it up some how. So long as you are using Swiftech pumps ( including those that came with the MCP35X2 pump assy ).

Contact Bryan Ramirez at Swiftech, if you have concerns about the warranty. You can ask him BEFORE you disassemble anything. I had some issues with Swiftech's pumps, turns out I was the cause of the problem. Bryan was able to help me sort it out and they still warrantied the parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok - I will type this really slowly and improve my communication style to reach all the audience.

1) Contact Swiftech FIRST if you feel real strongly about the piece of tape on the side of your pump that says "warranty void if removed."
2) If you are using Swiftech pumps and Swiftech housings it will NOT void the warranty.

It does not matter if you are taking them apart to inspect for the "grinding" noise or upgrading the pumps.
It is the same process to disassemble and reassemble. Same 4-screws and you still have to break the tape.

3) Swiftech has really nice folks working their support group. Talk to them about the problem, they can probably help.

·
Premium Member
6,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

For anyone that has questions about our warranty policy, or needs warranty or troubleshooting support, you can PM me.
thumb.gif
thanks for making an appearance.
thumb.gif

product/company reps that are active on the forums, actually active, posting help and experience are a valuable asset to both their company and these forums. there are a couple reps for companies that make cases, power supplies and fans that are only on the forums to get early feedback on new products.
im happy we have you here as an active and knowledgeable member bram. a lot of us are happy

/end brown-nosing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For some odd reason now it doesn't happen. Might of been the extra cold weather Chicago had been having? I guess it did start and stop with winter...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Quote:

For some odd reason now it doesn't happen. Might of been the extra cold weather Chicago had been having? I guess it did start and stop with winter...
It was more than likely air. I had the same thing happen to me when on my APD2 (which uses an MCP35X pump) and H220.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts