Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got sick of my HAF 932
so I decided to burn my wallet and order an 800D. Something about the exterior and interior just...call to me

Anyway, with a new case, I decided to sleeve my new HX850 with white and blue this weekend. Also, my loop will be rebuilt, with compression fittings and a quick disconnect ordered. Just one question though, how exactly do compression fittings work?

Pics will be posted as goodies arrive

Original:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Compression fitting is like barb + a ring that tighten up the tube. However, don't tighten it too much there already been a few thread where people overtighten their compression fitting that they having hard time removing the ring and the barb apart.

Leave some space between the tube and the ring don't complete closed it all the way, can damage the tubing also.
If you have the tube attach and closed all the way like this
can be hard to get it out.
I do it like this

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
make sure you slide the ring onto the tubing before you put it on the barb though, because otherwise you won't be able to get it on and you'll feel really stupid when you have to undo it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHoob2004 View Post
make sure you slide the ring onto the tubing before you put it on the barb though, because otherwise you won't be able to get it on and you'll feel really stupid when you have to undo it.
Haha, knowing me I will probably screw it up once or twice, then ask a roommate to slap me because I was stupid.

800D is scheduled to come in tomorrow!! So excited to move my stuff into that beauty of a case. Only thing now left to do is...get rid of my HAF932 >.>

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bfeng91 View Post
Haha, knowing me I will probably screw it up once or twice, then ask a roommate to slap me because I was stupid.

800D is scheduled to come in tomorrow!! So excited to move my stuff into that beauty of a case. Only thing now left to do is...get rid of my HAF932 >.>
I may be interested in your HAF if you're looking to sell, PM if you are

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by IcyPimpHand View Post
This is gonna look awesome!!! Also what was that gunk? Didn't look to good?

SUbbd!
I have no idea. Could it have been leftover flux from the radiator? I was able to clean most of it off with some ketchup and blended lemons, but my blocks kinda look like they've been through hell and back because of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts