Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys point me in the direction of the tutorials for switching from Nvidia to ATI. Last time I done this was years ago. I know I'll need to remove all Nvidia drivers, but what steps do I take? Do I removed the drivers while the Nvidia card is still inserted?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,166 Posts
Follow this guide on how to uninstall your Nvidia drivers:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers
Once you've done everything listed in the guide turn off your computer, put your new card in and install the AMD drivers and you're good to go.
Don't use Driver Sweeper, Driver Fusion etc, they cause more problems than doing it manually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM95 View Post

Follow this guide on how to uninstall your Nvidia drivers:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers
Once you've done everything listed in the guide turn off your computer, put your new card in and install the AMD drivers and you're good to go.
Don't use Driver Sweeper, Driver Fusion etc, they cause more problems than doing it manually.
Awesome. Thanks. So I do leave the Nvidia card in while I remove the drivers. Very helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,737 Posts
AMD dammit, AMD
tongue.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post

Awesome. Thanks. So I do leave the Nvidia card in while I remove the drivers. Very helpful.
I'm not actually sure, if you have a display out on your motherboard and onboard graphics it would be better to do it without the card I would of thought.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post

It doesn't, I have to have a GPU inserted.
You don't have much choice then. It should be fine with the GPU in, make sure you disable windows updates while you're doing this, not sure it mentions that in the guide.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post

Can you guys point me in the direction of the tutorials for switching from Nvidia to ATI. Last time I done this was years ago. I know I'll need to remove all Nvidia drivers, but what steps do I take? Do I removed the drivers while the Nvidia card is still inserted?
I switch red and green all the time on my server which doubles as the only air cooled rig at place, so it is the defacto test mule. All I need to do is simply uninstall green drivers from control panel then install my new gpu drivers. I leave the physx though cuz you need it. You should read my sig thread on AMD stuff, it should hit all the main points for beginners and pros alike.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top