Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Turd Burglar
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning ladies and mentlegen, I am going to switch out my current board (Biostar TA890FX) with a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3. Will I run into any issues doing a different brand swap of mainboards?

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratthew D. Kraids View Post

Morning ladies and mentlegen, I am going to switch out my current board (Biostar TA890FX) with a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3. Will I run into any issues doing a different brand swap of mainboards?
Not really, you'll just need to re-install the OS
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratthew D. Kraids View Post

It should be pretty straightforward going from an 890 board to a 990 board.... you shouldn't even have to reinstall the OS. If you want to play it safe, just uninstall your drivers before the swap, switch boards, reinstall drivers.... and away you go.
wink.gif

I've done a swap that way going from an Nvidia 730a chipset board to an AMD 770 chipset board.... with no problems.
thumb.gif

·
Turd Burglar
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got everything switched over and all I had to do was install the Ethernet drivers and I was golden. Thanks Winginit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts