Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Using Realtek onboard sound (Gigabyte Z590i MB), it has a rear out and front panel out.

What I dislike about it is that I constantly have to plug in/out the headphones if I'm gaming or not.

Is there an option to have both headphones and speakers plugged in and use a software to switch between the two for output?

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Simple.

Plug headphones into front panel and speakers to rear panel. You can separate them in your sound settings and then pick whichever one you want from the sound icon in your taskbar.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple.

Plug headphones into front panel and speakers to rear panel. You can separate them in your sound settings and then pick whichever one you want from the sound icon in your taskbar.
Thanks for the suggestion.
See my screenshot below. Ignore the Oculus headset please. The screenshot doesn't show my headphones (they are connected).
I don't understand how I can switch between the two:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Don't look at these settings, open up the actual Sound Control Panel in Control Panel. The Win10 app version doesn't show me what I need to see to help.

This:

EDIT:

Or conversely you may need to select "Make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" - that should separate your FP and BP jacks.

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Just use the sound icon located at the task bar and change it from there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't look at these settings, open up the actual Sound Control Panel in Control Panel. The Win10 app version doesn't show me what I need to see to help.

This:

View attachment 2489139

EDIT:

Or conversely you may need to select "Make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" - that should separate your FP and BP jacks.
Just use the sound icon located at the task bar and change it from there.
I now got both speaker and headphones showing but no sound coming out of the speakers.
***?!
Headphones (front panel) works ok.
If I take the headphones out, speakers will sound.
I'm lost

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
If you have more than one sound device plugged in you change the active device by clicking the volume icon in the start bar and there is a little drop down arrow that brings up a list of output devices.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
I now got both speaker and headphones showing but no sound coming out of the speakers.
***?!
I'm lost
Are you using an nvidia card? I recall that happening with nvidia. Not sure why.

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts

·
PC Evangelist
47,496 Posts
Does this help?

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
OP, can you check how yours set? My Speaker is set as default but i use the headphones plugged to the front panel.

This is on an AMD Giga motherboard with Realtek ALC 1200. Win10 20H2.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
***?!
I'm lost
Wait wait wait - are you aiming at having audio playing from BOTH jacks at the same time? That will not be possible the way Windows handles audio - you'd need a virtual audio device like Voicemeter / Virtual Audio Cable installed to make that happen.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wait wait wait - are you aiming at having audio playing from BOTH jacks at the same time? That will not be possible the way Windows handles audio - you'd need a virtual audio device like Voicemeter / Virtual Audio Cable installed to make that happen.
No!
I'm aiming to have either speakers or headphones, not both together.
However, seems like when I switch to speakers (rear panel) no audible sound. If I restore to the default settings of playback device Switching from Headphones to Speakers via app?
then the rear panel will output sound.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
That's quite odd.

Reading through that MS report you posted a link of; that could be your problem. Have you tried that person's suggestions as a work around?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's quite odd.

Reading through that MS report you posted a link of; that could be your problem. Have you tried that person's suggestions as a work around?
I didn't understand his suggestion.
Go to MUC, search for realtek vibranium media to get 6.0.9071.1 driver. Search realtek vibranium audio effects to get the 3 realtek software components.
So I have this driver 6.0.9126.1
And I don't know what are the 3 realtek software components and what are they meant to replace.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts