Overclock.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,319 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,088 Posts
You don't have to use Realtek drivers, you can just use the basic Windows drivers. You could potentially seek out the various ASIO drivers that are out there (replacement drivers for Realtek).

·
Premium Member
20,319 Posts
Ok, so if I uninstall the realtek drivers, will I still be able to easily switch between headphones and speakers?
Where do I get the Microsoft drivers?
Windows driver is automatic. You should be able switch. Just try it. Go to properties and uninstall from there.

Have had this mobo for a year not having to download any drivers except GPU.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,263 Posts
You can go to the realtek website and download the driver from them. It might work better than whatever other driver version you have.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite WiFi with realtek audio. I can switch between them in Windows control panel and they work with both plugged in.

Note: it took a restart when I plugged both in before they showed up as active devices in the audio console and sound control panel. The 'active detection' doesn't always work properly and the device stays in unplugged mode till you restart. Once restarted though I could unplug and replug and it would work okay.

Also of note, programs sometimes have their own sound settings that can bind to a specific audio device eg. Discord etc. so if they're not set to 'system default' then they'll keep playing on the device you started the program with. Some games I know won't switch audio if you change default device half-way through playing until you restart the game.

realktekConsole.JPG

·
Premium Member
20,319 Posts
I have a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite WiFi with realtek audio. I can switch between them in Windows control panel and they work with both plugged in.

Note: it took a restart when I plugged both in before they showed up as active devices in the audio console and sound control panel. The 'active detection' doesn't always work properly and the device stays in unplugged mode till you restart. Once restarted though I could unplug and replug and it would work okay.

Also of note, programs sometimes have their own sound settings that can bind to a specific audio device eg. Discord etc. so if they're not set to 'system default' then they'll keep playing on the device you started the program with. Some games I know won't switch audio if you change default device half-way through playing until you restart the game.

View attachment 2489241
View attachment 2489242
View attachment 2489243
I did not install that program or app in my Auros B550M Pro so it is using Windows driver. I can plug and unplug both speaker and headphones at any time without restart and they work. True, though, they have to be plugged in before starting games.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I used DDU to uninstall Realtek drivers and reinstalled them from Gigabyte website.
Two observations:
1. When plugging in the headphones to the front panel, one must answer on the pop-up that the 1st is a mic, even if it's not true, and the second is headphones. This ensures that if you switch to speakers, the sound will play on the speakers instead of having silence.

2. For some reason, the option of Smart Headphones Amp appears on the Speakers panel. Idiots

21 - 32 of 32 Posts