Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much decided to sell my 3 LG IPS235v monitors and go with one 27" korean 1440p IPS.

Surround gaming is pretty sweet when it works, but it so rarely works and even with 2 680s is taxing on my system, it just seems like a single 1440p monitor will be easier and nicer overall.

I'm a little worried about buyers remorse and just was wondering if anyone has done this switch and whether or not you regretted it.

Basically...just tell me if im making a mistake haha

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom66 View Post

I've pretty much decided to sell my 3 LG IPS235v monitors and go with one 27" korean 1440p IPS.

Surround gaming is pretty sweet when it works, but it so rarely works and even with 2 680s is taxing on my system, it just seems like a single 1440p monitor will be easier and nicer overall.

I'm a little worried about buyers remorse and just was wondering if anyone has done this switch and whether or not you regretted it.

Basically...just tell me if im making a mistake haha
I had 3 Dell U2312HMs in Eyefinity with my old 5870s. I thought it was nice when it worked as well, but the gimmick wore off quick. Within a month I had purchased a Yamakasi Catleap Q270.

Don't regret it one bit.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also had an eyefinity setup (3xSamsung BX2450's) but then got rid of one monitor and replaced it with a 32" tv which i now primarily game on, i don't regret it however i did play a couple of games (racing mainly) the other day on eyefinity and was absolutely blown away by just how amazing it was, when eyefinity/surround gaming works it utterly blows the single screen experience out of the water imo.

The reason i switched was like you say you need alot more power, other reasons: fisheye effect, the fact that it's a friggin pain in the ass to get it to work majority of the time since alot of developers don't bother as not many people use it, so you have to wait for the community to come out with solutions, it's simply not good enough and no, it's not worth spending so much extra on your rig to power it when the bloody thing isn't going to work half the time
rolleyes.gif
I'll admit i am glad i still have the option however, but 99% of the time i'm fine with gaming on one screen.

If i was you i'd play games on one screen for a few weeks and see what you think, i don't think it'll be a problem tbh, i adjusted to one screen pretty quickly, only realised how great eyefinity was when i tried it again the other day so as long as you don't go back to it you should be fine
tongue.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.