Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SWTOR-Forum

Anyone who keeps up to date with bioware knows that bioware has posted a countdown on their official site ( http://www.bioware.com/ ) which for my timezone, counts down to 8:00 monday morning. My guild leader, Voyle, discovered a webpage that may be a possible beta launch site. https://launch.swtor.com/
To login it is the same as your username and password on here, but the only thing it says is, "No game servers currently available for play," which could be another possible hint for beta. Voyle also thinks that they may announce the beta tests friday and start monday.

Source

i did more reading on the forums too, and it seems this site appeared around the time that the bioware countdown started, i can't wait to see some proper SWTOR gameplay footage and lots of it! you can sign up to participate in the beta on the website

·
Registered
822 Posts
I hope so... but I am in the Starcraft II. That's a cruel joke.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Been waiting since I've heard about this game. I really do hope they take hardware into consideration for their beta (if this actually is the SWTOR beta). I know its necessary for them to get a wide range of PCs in but I hope they actually invite people who can actually play the damn game. I always hate hearing people complain about a beta because they can't properly play it on dated hardware when those of us that can actually test it are left out int he dark.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xBISHOPx
View Post

Been waiting since I've heard about this game. I really do hope they take hardware into consideration for their beta (if this actually is the SWTOR beta). I know its necessary for them to get a wide range of PCs in but I hope they actually invite people who can actually play the damn game. I always hate hearing people complain about a beta because they can't properly play it on dated hardware when those of us that can actually test it are left out int he dark.

because they like to get results for the minimum/recommended PC requirements, they know a build like yours and mine will run it fine, and like to toss around the lower PC's until they can get a feeling what the min/recommended PC specs need to be to run it.

·
Registered
655 Posts

bioware:
Quote:

You have indeed found the login portal for Game Testing. That said, this is not a new page and we are not ready to make any additional announcements about our Game Testing Program. When we are ready, we will make sure The Old Republic Community is the first to know

If you havent signed up yet to be a tester or wish to learn more, access our Game Testing Portal.

Quote:

A couple of quick answers:

Yes, it is indeed called the Game Testing Program and not anything else. As when we originally announced sign-ups, Game testing for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be rolled out in several phases over an extended period of time. These test phases will begin with smaller, tightly focused test groups, and later tests will expand.
We thought about waiting until it hit 2,000 posts but figured it was more important to get the information to you sooner than wait.
Good insight, Skyewauker.
In regards to swtor.bioware.com, just know that we'll always keep the TOR Community updated here
I would have posted the announcement sooner but I spent too much time working on this (not really).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts