Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
System is specs below. I just moved everything to the new case and I can't get ANYTHING to work, system was working earlier before when I had the computer outside of the case.

No LEDs, no beeps from speaker, fans do not spin, power in the room dims for half a second when I press the power button. No warning lights, and the system shows green for good. Is my motherboard or PSU dead?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,979 Posts
Are all of the stand-offs in their correct places?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes;12000200
Stand-offs?
They're the screws that go into the motherboard tray which have screw holes in them which is where the screws are inserted for attaching the motherboard.

Here's a pic of what they can look like. Some are attached to each other to show that they have holes on their tops:

Stand-offs.png

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah, the lights in the room dimming when you press the power button is NOT a good sign... I'd be taking the whole thing apart and starting again, and hoping you haven't fried anything (or yourself for that matter). As cables said, standoffs and also make sure all the wires still have their jackets on. Make sure nothing has half cut through a wire.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am checking the stand offs now. I hope nothing is fried, but at least I know its most likely the motherboard.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,979 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Limes
View Post

I am checking the stand offs now. I hope nothing is fried, but at least I know its most likely the motherboard.

Without stand-offs, or with an incorrectly-placed stand-off, a short occurs. But it's probably unharmed.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried without the case. Just PSU, motherboard, CPU, RAM. Can't get the heatsink fan to spin. Same thing.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just tried a different PSU. It works fine, PSU RMA here we come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts