Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i've been wondering, is there something like an equalizer for the entire system?
my sound system is giving way too much bass and it really bothers me that everything shakes and bounces once i turn on the music or a movie

i know there is (a sort of) equalizer with the Creative drivers, but i'm using the Asus SupremeFXII so i need something else

cheers

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but i don't wanna spend a lot of money...that's why i want a software equalizer

and since my hearing isn't that great, i really see no use in a hardware equalizer.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
I'm not aware of a system-wide software one - but then again, I don't use an EQ.

What speakers are you using? There are others ways of toning down the bass.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got some weird Trust 2.1 system.
it's not expenseive but it gives a nice sound, except the bass...that's just too loud.
and there isn't anything on the subwoofer to lower the bass

just an on/off switch and volume control...that's all.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
too bad that Rteq program doesn't work with everything

i either have no change at all, or everything hangs

guess i'll have too look for other prog's.
and i used google before but the program's i found wouldn't work

that's why i asked it here

·
Registered
201 Posts
Many sound cards have a eq in its driver.

One I can name of my head is a xonar dx. Cost around 60$ I think... dont quote me.

Its a decent card to, if your not using it for dts etc and more expensive ht stuff.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeG View Post
Many sound cards have a eq in its driver.
Mine doesn't

One I can name of my head is a xonar dx. Cost around 60$ I think... dont quote me.
Why should i buy another card if i won't hear a difference?
and i have a second card (Creative Xtreme audio that cheap card) and that sucked as well

Its a decent card to, if your not using it for dts etc and more expensive ht stuff.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho666 View Post
too bad that Rteq program doesn't work with everything

i either have no change at all, or everything hangs

guess i'll have too look for other prog's.
and i used google before but the program's i found wouldn't work

that's why i asked it here

Honestly, you're really not going to find anything. I asked this same question about 6 months or so ago, and I ended up having to google it myself. I found a few options that technically worked....but they made it sound REALLY horrible (reduced sampling frequency). So I finally gave up on it after like 3 months of looking.

If you do find something, please link it in here. But I honestly don't think you're going to find anything that'll work even halfway decently. Best bet is, get a new Sound Card that has EQ software with it, get new speakers, get a hardware EQ. One of those 3 options are about the only things I can think of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts