Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I am still assebling my custom water cooling system. Many say that the T-line is cheaper. But, I bought a rubber made container (1gal) to be use as my resivoir, it was only $1.29. Check this thread here:

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...voir-help.html

Having a resivoir allows for easier filling, and it give you more coolant, which means its harder for the water to get hot. If you make your own it is much cheaper!

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
It is not more expensive if you make your own. I got my Rubbermade 1Gal container from walmart for $1.29, the fittings were a total of $4. All together my entire 1 Gal resivoir was under $6.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

What are the advantages, if any, to using a T-Line over a Resevoir or vice versa?

A reservior will allow for more coolant to flow through the loop. More coolant will take longer to heat up resulting in better temps. In my new settup I am using a res and a fillport, so I can fill the res externally without having to take it out of my case. In the past I have used a T-line, and it was ok, but a res should yield slightly better load temps.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
it wont make load temps better, just takes longer to heat up since there is more water. if there is a temp diff it will be very small.

i have a t line and it works for me because of space. i would go with thatever you like best both will work fine. res needs more space and will cost more than a t line even if its $6 bucks. but they dont need to be filled as often and if mounter externally are easier to fill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts